X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Alpha! Thread

Would like this thread to continue, as all it needs is to remove any provoking comments. I would like to read snippets about what is going on with 'vBulletin Alpha' and would rather see these thread started by Jelsoft / Internet Brands staff or just post within Blog. I known that the announcements are use to relay what is going on, but you need more user interactions.

I can not underatand why members do not just post within own profile and just vent it... It is to bad that several do not just debate in a proper manner, as it get quite boring reading same typical responces.

Meh!. better get cracking and stick to opening my site on www. instead of using shortwave community networking.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Once a thread gets so wildly off-track like that, best to just start over. We could just start deleting posts (even ones that deserve it) but then that creates all it's own extra work and problems as people complain about that.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ---MAD---
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Once a thread gets so wildly off-track like that, best to just start over. We could just start deleting posts (even ones that deserve it) but then that creates all it's own extra work and problems as people complain about that.
      I agree however it seems it's the same users that are causing the fuss which is starting to get boring now.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yes it is. And frankly such conduct would get them kicked off any other corporate site.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• aussiefooty
          • Nov 2008
          • 6.0.X

Maybe you guys (vb Staff) have to get smarter and tougher and make it harder for those who have been making negative/silly comments to post.
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Dilly
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
            Maybe you guys (vb Staff) have to get smarter and tougher and make it harder for those who have been making negative/silly comments to post.
            It's slightly more difficult on a forum with more than 4 active posters.

Comment

• aussiefooty
              • Nov 2008
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Dilly
              It's slightly more difficult on a forum with more than 4 active posters.
              If you were on my forum, you would be banned all because you made a pathetic and stupid comment, just like what you spend your time doing on here.
              That says a lot about what you are like.
              I don't think Steve and the rest of the staff need your comments, Dilly.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Dilly
                • Mar 2005

Oh I've seen your forum. You should probably check your site emails. The letter of demand to remove the defamation is almost expired.

Comment

• Shamil.
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 4.2.X

If you were on my forum, you would be banned all because you made a pathetic and stupid comment, just like what you spend your time doing on here.
                  That says a lot about what you are like.
                  I don't see how your point is true... he certainly wouldn't be banned on my forum, I let my members voice their opinions.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

The problem actually stems from some people being unable to distinguish between trolling and disagreements.

I have been constantly accused of trolling and negativity merely for posting an opinion. I've been accused of this both by people who might be termed "pro-Jelsoft", but also those who might be termed "anti-Jelsoft". So I reckon I must have the balance about right actually.

It's the same problem I see all the time on forums everywhere, people see their own point of view as being the only reasonable one anyone could have, and then start accusing anyone who disagrees of disruption or trolling.

This in turn gets people's backs up and the thread descends into insults and farce. And that's BEFORE Nexialys turns up.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• AzhriaLilu
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mark.B
                      The problem actually stems from some people being unable to distinguish between trolling and disagreements.

I have been constantly accused of trolling and negativity merely for posting an opinion. I've been accused of this both by people who might be termed "pro-Jelsoft", but also those who might be termed "anti-Jelsoft". So I reckon I must have the balance about right actually.
                      To be honest, the only time I'd accuse someone of trolling when posting their opinon is when it's done in every thread, taking it offtopic and away from whatever it is people are trying to discuss - it's actually happening on a forum I'm on at the moment (and no, I'm not referring to here LOL)

It's the same problem I see all the time on forums everywhere, people see their own point of view as being the only reasonable one anyone could have, and then start accusing anyone who disagrees of disruption or trolling.
                      That works the other way as well though where the person who doesn't believe their trolling says everyone else is just accusing them of trolling when in actual fact because they're personally involved with what they're saying, they're not seeing the disruption they are causing.

This in turn gets people's backs up and the thread descends into insults and farce. And that's BEFORE Nexialys turns up.
                      Oh, well that's just harsh..... true.. but harsh
                      I know violence isn't the answer . . . I got it wrong on purpose
                      Rep Owners - New forum for reptile owners/lovers
                      sigpic

Comment

• Paul M
                        Former Lead Developer
                        vB.Com & vB.Org
                        • Sep 2004

... frankly such conduct would get them kicked off any other corporate site.
                        Yep.

TBH, I dont think they need yours either I think they can decide for themselves what to do.
                        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

I do not mind members that do a bit of trolling, as long it is in jest. I have given members rep-up for what they were doing at the time, but never to anyone who posts inflammatory remakers about another. A little jab here and their is good for threads, but to constantly repeating something that has already been said...

I just read and do not participate in those discussions, as much as I want to join in. It just better to just not be a target in someones eye. This to me is now a dead issue about that thread...

I do hope that an option to controll your own thread will be a feature within vB 4.

Comment

• ericgtr
                            • Oct 2003

Yes it is. And frankly such conduct would get them kicked off any other corporate site.
                            The ban user from thread mod is invaluable for this reason.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ericgtr
                              The ban user from thread mod is invaluable for this reason.
                              We don't use modifications on this site because it confuses new customers on what features are exactly available.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment