X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussiefooty
    • Nov 2008
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by ct2k7
    It is already established that we will not have to pay for vBulletin 4.
    It's not what he was asking. How I read it is he had to renew his license because he is worried that the price of his license that he has got currently will go up in price.

We know that we don't have to pay for the software upgrade.....
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Well since you would not even be able to download 3.8.5 unless you renewed your license this really is not something unique to vB4. You only have access to the version that was available when the license expired. You will have to renew to get access to newer versions.
      Just the price might be different. (?)..

Comment

• KeithMcL
        • Jun 2000
        • 3.6.x

Apologies if I wasn't clear. What I wanted to know is that if I pay $60 to renew my license now and vB4 gets released within 6 months and a whole new pricing structure begins then too, what will happen to the other 6 months that I paid for by renewing now? Does that make more sense?

Comment

• Fusion
          • Aug 2001
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by KeithMcL
          Apologies if I wasn't clear. What I wanted to know is that if I pay $60 to renew my license now and vB4 gets released within 6 months and a whole new pricing structure begins then too, what will happen to the other 6 months that I paid for by renewing now? Does that make more sense?
          We would all like to know that.
          One scenario is that the remaining amount is forfeit when the new license agreement is used.
          Another, perhaps more likely, scenario is, as Ray have suggested, that the remainder is factored in somehow when you are offered to upgrade to the suite.
          If you decide to stay with just the forum there will most likely be no change, other than you not being able to renew.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

• KeithMcL
            • Jun 2000
            • 3.6.x

I've gone ahead and renewed my license. Let's see how things pan out when the new pricing structure kicks it.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
              • Mar 2005

I've renewed all mine before the change...

Comment

• kyrgyz
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                What remains in question is what will happen to those of us who currently have blogs and project tools.
                I understood those of us with Blog and PTs will have to buy them again. No renewals or upgrades. My question is how much off the pre-sale discount offer will be. Will the discounted Suite be comparable to the old (combined) renewal fees for Blog and PTs? I wonder how much IB would charge for CMS if it were a stand-alone application. $100?

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
                You will be able to take advantage of a pre-sale discount offer for the new vBulletin Suite that will be available to current licensed customers only.

Comment

• nexialys
                  • May 2004
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by kyrgyz
                  I understood those of us with Blog and PTs will have to buy them again. No renewals or upgrades. My question is how much off the pre-sale discount offer will be. Will the discounted Suite be comparable to the old (combined) renewal fees for Blog and PTs? I wonder how much IB would charge for CMS if it were a stand-alone application. $100?
                  actually, nobody ever said you had to re-buy them... people assumed it.

if you read the announcements, nothing was stated yet regarding the Suite, so your best luck is to keep reading when something is announced. stop reading these people who evaluate what have to be done, they are not the ones to decide.
                  oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• kyrgyz
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by nexialys
                    actually, nobody ever said you had to re-buy them... people assumed it.

if you read the announcements, nothing was stated yet regarding the Suite, so your best luck is to keep reading when something is announced. stop reading these people who evaluate what have to be done, they are not the ones to decide.
                    Judging from Ray Morgan's announcements, it looks like we'll have to buy them again, right?
                    Blog, Project Tools and CMS will not be distributed as separate products, but will be bundled with the vBulletin Suite.
                    You will be able to take advantage of a pre-sale discount offer for the new vBulletin Suite that will be available to current licensed customers only.
                    Unless Blog and PTs will be available for upgrade to current Blog/PTs license holders separately from VB Suite (which would contradict to the announcements) or IB would substract the amount originally paid for Blog/PTs by licence holders from Suites price, I am not getting it. Anyways, you are right it's best to just wait and see.
                    Last edited by kyrgyz; Fri 18 Sep '09, 4:19am.

Comment

• nexialys
                      • May 2004
                      • 1.1.x

the only thing these comments say are that the release formula will change with the Suite, and there will be a pre-sale discount for vBulletin licensed clients... that does not indicate what the Blog and PT owners will have to face in that situation... the only thing that was announced about a price is a statu-quo for the 3.8 => 4.0 switch for the licensed *(and renewed) owners... if they do the same for the Blog/PT,... nobody knows!
                      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• kyrgyz
                        • Oct 2007

I just renewed my forum license. Blog and PTs licenses were automatically renewed free of charge for the same period. Go figure....

Adios till the actual release!

Comment

• nexialys
                          • May 2004
                          • 1.1.x

I just renewed my forum license. Blog and PTs licenses were automatically renewed free of charge for the same period. Go figure....
                          actually the Blog and PT are one time charge, unlimited until you have no more license for the forum... that's the detail which will change with the Suite...

Comment

• -AM-
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 3.8.x

Yeah, I just renewed mine too. Hopefully things work out great for active license holders.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...