X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iwantvb
    • Sep 2008

Please help, Admin only!

Hello, I'm an active user on another site, and the Admin hasn't logged in for a while, and their is a good amount of spam stacking up, but this isn't the point. A user on the forum, ChristoPad, claims to be an Admin/Offical Worker of VBulletin.

And he claims that the forums, since all of the spam is building up because of In-active staff, he will close the forums in 7 Days. And I would actually like a "real" admin to confirm of this, and to confirm if ChristoPad is actually a worker here at Jelsoft.

Thanks! And the forum he said that will be closing in 7 Days, by a Package of some sort, the forum link is: RSForums.com - And the "worker" of VBulletin is ChristoPad, and please confirm the following things:

ChristoPad is a real worker of VBulletin
    The forum will close down in 7 days because of spam
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no one on the vB staff with that name. Sounds like someone is just trying to scare you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Iwantvb
      • Sep 2008

But did any of the Admins here at VBulletin get a report saying RSForums.com will close in about a week unless the owner gets on?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

If that site has a valid license then it has nothing to worry about from us.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Iwantvb
          • Sep 2008

Alright, so in spare time, can you ask any of the admins you know or just any of the admins, if they have register as ChristoPad on their? Thanks.

Comment

• Nick
            • Feb 2008
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Iwantvb
            Alright, so in spare time, can you ask any of the admins you know or just any of the admins, if they have register as ChristoPad on their? Thanks.
            Sounds like some sort of immature scheme that I'm sure the Jelsoft/IB staff do not want to get involved in.
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

• Iwantvb
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nick
              Sounds like some sort of immature scheme that I'm sure the Jelsoft/IB staff do not want to get involved in.
              What do you mean?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

At this point you will need to discuss this with the webmaster for that site of you can find him. There is nothing we can do.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• hitmancode47
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 3.8.x

I doubt a vBulletin staff member would come on with a name like that and threaten to close down the boards.

If anything it would be shut down in the background, with nobody notified (Apart from the site owner/administrator) and dealt in a private communicated manner.
                  Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Shamil.
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by hitmancode47
                    I doubt a vBulletin staff member would come on with a name like that and threaten to close down the boards.

If anything it would be shut down in the background, with nobody notified (Apart from the site owner/administrator) and dealt in a private communicated manner.
                    Additionally, vBulletin staff, never usually get involved directly, as it is either someone from Piracy Reports for Piracy, or someone from IB if there's a legal issue.
                    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                    vBulletin Hosting and Services
                    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• cheat-master30
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 3.8.x

I'd just ignore (and probably from what I've seen on said forum, ban) this ChristoPad troll. There's, as said no legitimate vBulletin staff member, this is not a reason Internet Brands or Pirate Reports would get involved in my opinion, etc.

Note: Funny enough, I read his posts. Three quarters of it is direct copy from the vBulletin license agreement, that can't be legal to repost in it's entirety, can it?

Edit: I don't think [christo] @ vBulletin.com is a real email address, is it?
                      DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

• Shamil.
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by cheat-master30
                        I'd just ignore (and probably from what I've seen on said forum, ban) this ChristoPad troll. There's, as said no legitimate vBulletin staff member, this is not a reason Internet Brands or Pirate Reports would get involved in my opinion, etc.

Note: Funny enough, I read his posts. Three quarters of it is direct copy from the vBulletin license agreement, that can't be legal to repost in it's entirety, can it?

Edit: I don't think [christo] @ vBulletin.com is a real email address, is it?
                        Seeing as IB follow emails as:

firstname.surname[at]internetbrands[doot]com, I can only image that vB only uses firstname.surname[at]vbulletin[doot]com
                        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                        vBulletin Hosting and Services
                        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Seeing how my name is Floris Jan Maurits Fiedeldij Dop .. You can imagine I had floris at vbcom Instead of floris.jan.maurits.fiedeldij.dop at vbulletin.com

Comment

• Paul M
                            Former Lead Developer
                            vB.Com & vB.Org
                            • Sep 2004

Someone is winding you up, just ignore them.
                            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• SNN
                              • Jul 2006

I've had someone of this related status come to my site and say I was using copyrighted images, which were not properly given credit to for using. They were custom images...

People just like to "pull your leg" and try to get you to do things, or scare you straight off.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...