X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razasharp
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Fusion
    Staff changes aside, I'd very much like to have this question answered as well.
    Lol you guys make me chuckle sometimes :lol:

Why so worried about impex? The importer, I imagine, is of great importance to Jelsoft, so even if the dev working on it has gone they're bound to have something lined up to replace it or someone to carry on the work.

If it's not important to them then I guess we'll come to learn that soon enough - but my guess is they're not going to abandon an importer as I think it is quite important to them, hence why I chuckle at the panicy posts

*runs
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• ---MAD---
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.8.x

Jerry will be greatly missed .

I wish him the best of luck for the future and thank him for his time and effort at vB.

Comment

• Fusion
        • Aug 2001
        • 3.8.x

Heh.. I'm sorry if I come across as panicy (if indeed this was aimed at my somewhat late addition to the thread). Truth be told, I have never used the impex.
        I was just trying to get the thread back on track, as I find this focus on selected persons rather misplaced. Staff come and go, it's to be expected.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Lizard King
          Banned
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Razasharp
          I think the titles should be very clear of what's what.
          I agree , the staff titles should be clear and all Jelsoft representatives should be listed within Showgroups page. Non of the new developers are listed within Showgroups page which is not good imo.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Not all of the developers working on vBulletin are Jelsoft Representatives. Some are are individuals providing resources from Internet Brands. All new Jelsoft representatives are announced. The showgroups page is a list of moderators on this site, not necessarily an employee list.

If the management wishes to make the comings and goings of employees and other people working on vBulletin known to the public, they will announce it.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Not all of the developers working on vBulletin are Jelsoft Representatives. Some are are individuals providing resources from Internet Brands. All new Jelsoft representatives are announced. The showgroups page is a list of moderators on this site, not necessarily an employee list.

If the management wishes to make the comings and goings of employees and other people working on vBulletin known to the public, they will announce it.
              A lot of the staff are not employee. I never was for example.

Comment

• TomJames
                • Feb 2006
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Razasharp
                Lol you guys make me chuckle sometimes :lol:

Why so worried about impex? The importer, I imagine, is of great importance to Jelsoft, so even if the dev working on it has gone they're bound to have something lined up to replace it or someone to carry on the work.

If it's not important to them then I guess we'll come to learn that soon enough - but my guess is they're not going to abandon an importer as I think it is quite important to them, hence why I chuckle at the panicy posts

*runs
                True, I just hope whoever takes over his job is just as present on the forum as he was. His communication and assistance on the forums proved very valuable.
                - TomJames

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Don't forget that the majority of communication goes through the ticket system still.

Comment

• Lizard King
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Floris
                    Don't forget that the majority of communication goes through the ticket system still.
                    That brings another important question. Does non Jelsoft staff have access to Support Ticket system ?

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

I never double checked who's who and who has a contract with what company and what access they have. I just logged in to do tickets.

Comment

• Razasharp
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 3.7.x

So were you a non-paid volunteer or did you get paid?

If you got paid then you were technically 'staff'.

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

I can't answer that, I never have and never will disclose contract details.

I am not talking about getting paid or not, that's not relevant. I was trying to say there's a difference between doing contracted work vs being employed.

Comment

• Razasharp
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 3.7.x

I was posting in relation to LKs post - re 'non-Jelsoft staff' having access to support tickets.

As far as I am personally concerned so long as there was a contract (usually when someone is getting paid) then I'm confident Jelsoft would have vetted that person as suitable to view support tickets. I doubt they would give access to people they had no contractual hold/control over.

Comment

• Onimua
                              • Apr 2005

Well, according to IB's documents at sec.gov, it says:

8 were employed at Jelsoft in the United Kingdom
                              I'm not sure what or how they counted employees (full/part time and/or just contracted). There's some interesting information there though.
                              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• _| () R | Z
                                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Onimua
                                Well, according to IB's documents at sec.gov, it says:

I'm not sure what or how they counted employees (full/part time and/or just contracted). There's some interesting information there though.
                                Also some interesting facts:

*Jelsoft received payments from more than 35,000 user community websites in 2007.

*with more than 78,000 licenses sold as of December 31, 2007.

*IB: completed 45 website-related acquisitions in our consumer Internet segment in addition to acquiring a second division in our licensing segment, for an aggregate purchase price of $99.1 million. The largest of these acquisitions is Jelsoft Enterprises Limited, the developer of vBulletin,
                                Originally Posted by Zachery
                                John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                                We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...