Quality rather then quantity on the support ffs.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Problemsolver
    • Nov 2008

Quality rather then quantity on the support ffs.

Just bought vbulletin for a total of 350ish$ and got in touch with the support about setting up my forum.

I was amazed how low quality of the support even thou the speed was great. Please focus on actually reading and replying to all emails rather then just try to have the lowest possible respondingtime.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I've reviewed your tickets, your questions were anwsered.

If you're still having issues with the import link not showing up in the admincp, try a hard refresh. If this still isn't working after the fact make sure that you did infact upload the files to their correct folders.

If you're still unable to get it working, please follow up in your support ticket with admincp and ftp information.

Comment

• Problemsolver
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Zachery
      I've reviewed your tickets, your questions were anwsered.

If you're still having issues with the import link not showing up in the admincp, try a hard refresh. If this still isn't working after the fact make sure that you did infact upload the files to their correct folders.

If you're still unable to get it working, please follow up in your support ticket with admincp and ftp information.
      How is "check the manual and read every word of it" an answer when I quote from the manual where it skips a part?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I have been working with you very patiently for a long time. I have answered every question, gone into your site to see exactly what was wrong and found over and over again that you had not followed the instructions we gave. Honestly there is not a lot more we can do.

I would be happy to unassign myself from your ticket so someone else can help. Let me know. I won't respond any further until I get a confirmation from you.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Problemsolver
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I have been working with you very patiently for a long time. I have answered every question, gone into your site to see exactly what was wrong and found over and over again that you had not followed the instructions we gave. Honestly there is not a lot more we can do.

I would be happy to unassign myself from your ticket so someone else can help. Let me know. I won't respond any further until I get a confirmation from you.
          Last posts has been pretty constructive good.

However, first 3 werent even remotely helpful and I cannot be more clear then I was. It never once said that to actually run the script then you should go to domain.com/impex/

Comment

• l SKN l CHRIS
            • Mar 2007
            • 3.6.x

I'm sure the support staff has certain procedures they follow for support tickets and issues. They have been nothing but great for me whenever I needed help, going to the extent of pointing out misconfigurations in my server.

Comment

• Problemsolver
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol

A confirmation? I would like you to help me if you read what I am saying like the last 4 replys but not like the first 3.

Comment

• aussiefooty
                • Nov 2008
                • 6.0.X

Why don't you try doing what they ask?
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                  • Jun 2002

It's best that we avoid making a lot of assumptions here until we see the actual conversation on both sides
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• jmurrayhead
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                    It's best that we avoid making a lot of assumptions here until we see the actual conversation on both sides
                    Indeed, and I don't see the need for this to be a public conversation, neither.
                    No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• Problemsolver
                      • Nov 2008

I just want to add that the support (Steve included) has been very constructive and helpful the last days, maybe I just catched Steve on a bad day.

I act as a support on my forum too so I know how frustrating it can be when you know more then the ones u are supporting and this could be tiresome. It just bothered me at first with 3 really poor answers the first day at this forum and then I noticed that they are flagging with fast respondtime.

Comment

• jmurrayhead
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Problemsolver
                        I just want to add that the support (Steve included) has been very constructive and helpful the last days
                        I'm sure they appreciate this comment

Everyone has a bad day...we're all only human. My own experiences with their support staff have been nothing short of exceptional. I've never had to wait long, my issue has always been solved and they always uphold themselves in a professional manner. With 5 years of customer service behind my belt, I know how that can be very difficult at times.
                        No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• hitmancode47
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 3.8.x

How is "check the manual and read every word of it" an answer when I quote from the manual where it skips a part?
                          Your username is "Problemsolver"

Problem Solved

Edit~
                          Working out if that makes any sence :S
                          Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment