X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

*sigh*

There was an 'honest' effort. My last question to you in that ticket was this:

Are you still having this problem? If so, it is not possible to get that error with the original vB files, templates and no add-ons. If you are getting this error then it's from a modification you installed.
    You replied:

We will check the issue again after we upgrade our next forum and see if it's specific to this installation.
    We never hear anything back after that. You also could not provide he FTP access so we could investigate this further. There is a limit to what we can do.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JPnyc
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      *sigh*

There was an 'honest' effort. My last question to you in that ticket was this:

You replied:

We never hear anything back after that. You also could not provide he FTP access so we could investigate this further. There is a limit to what we can do.
      We were told to reference the thread, the one I created on the forum. In that thread I clearly stated more than once I have tested this issue with a style/templates that have absolutely no modifications whatsoever, not even to CSS attributes, and I tested it with the plug-in system disabled. I instructed the person who opened the ticket to further stress this point.
      Last edited by JPnyc; Sun 27 Jul '08, 1:24pm. Reason: typing

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

If you have further issues, then you need to respond to that ticket. We are not mind readers.

Also disabling plugins without removing their files and all the changes they made to the database is not the same as having this problem with the default vB.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JPnyc
          • Jan 2005

Well they don't actually make any changes to the database. The only plug-ins we have are of the variety that either funnel users to a particular user group upon joining, based on some criteria that we set, or they are simple PHP declarations for the purpose of placing adverts within templates. However there were no adverts or changes of any kind in the style named "teststyle". So there should have been no changes to the database at all.

We will respond on Monday. Forgive me but after having created so many threads with issues here and so seldom finding a resolution to the problem, I have become a little conditioned.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...