X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akee
    • Nov 2007

Hungarian support

Hi!

I need the hungarien support update the download section. I can only download the 3.7.0, but i would like update to the new version.
    I hope, you can help many hungarien vb user, and me!

Thanks

ps: sorry my bad english
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

You will have to contact the vBulletin Hungary Distributor for this.

Comment

• akee
      • Nov 2007

yes, i know, but...
      i wrote ticket, and in forum, without answer

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

I'll give a poke internally and see what I can do.

Comment

• Andy Huang
          • Feb 2004

From experience (I am also with vBulletin China), international distributors often delay releases for a few days. For vBulletin China, this is due to several reasons:
          1) Translation, we get the finalized language strings same time as everyone else, and it takes time to find the new phrases, and translate them.
          2) Editing, we did a few edits to the source code, to offer better localized support; these edits needs to be verified working, and not causing problem to vBulletin (or addon products for that matter) updates.
          3) Lack of human resource -- I don't know if this applies for vB Hungary too, but for vBulletin China, it is ran by myself, and another international distributor. It is simply impossible to releases at the exact same time as Jelsoft because ultimately, we need to eat, sleep and tend to other necessities ontop of everything else we do

I think I saw the forum post dating from yesterday, perhaps they're already aware of the post, but just didn't get around to answering it because they're rushing the release
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

• akee
            • Nov 2007

thanks to reply.

in hungarien is NOT supported the 3.7.0, but we can download it. so this is no good thing. this is OK, that we must wait 1-2-3-4-5 days, but this is no good, that we don't become answer for us question.
            hungarien admin is not says own forum since 24.05.2008.

Comment

• dtommy79
              • Jul 2007
              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Andy Huang
              3) Lack of human resource -- I don't know if this applies for vB Hungary too, but for vBulletin China, it is ran by myself, and another international distributor. It is simply impossible to releases at the exact same time as Jelsoft because ultimately, we need to eat, sleep and tend to other necessities ontop of everything else we do
              As a Hungarian user i guess I can jump in the chat.
              I have to make a correction to akee's post. Although they allow to download the 3.7 it is not ready yet, the latest stable release that can be downloaded from the Hungarian support site is the 3.6.10. I guess the translation is not ready yet.

Sometimes they don't answer the users for days, perhaps weeks. They have 200 users that's not a busy site. I myself sent a PM to one of the admin about a week ago..... still no answer.
              No wonder why they have only 200 users.

We don't expect them to release the latest version immediately they are released here, but it's been a while.

Vbulletin is a very expensive forum software, but at the moment even the FREE forum softwares offer a better quality support than the Hungarian vb support.
              If you would like to see a Mass PM feature in VB please vote for it here
              *Learn Hungarian*

Comment

• Chazel
                • Nov 2007

Are you not able to receive support here?

Comment

• Dismounted
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dtommy79
                  Vbulletin is a very expensive forum software
                  I think many and most will agree with me that it is not.
                  Originally posted by chaselafon
                  Are you not able to receive support here?
                  They download vBulletin through the distributor's site, and the distributor apparently has not updated the download.

Comment

• akee
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dismounted
                    In hungarien this forum software is very expensive... In Hungary this forum is 40000 HUF, and the minimum wage is 70000HUF. so it is very expensive...

And if I buy this, I would like better native language support.. I think so it, it is clear.

Comment

• dtommy79
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 4.0.x

It depends on where you are and how much you earn. Fortunately I can afford it, but many user saving money for the forum for a long time, and when they got a crapy support like that over there, I think they rightly fell that they were screwed.

They download vBulletin through the distributor's site, and the distributor apparently has not updated the download.
                      And that's the problem, we can only download the updates form there.
                      If you would like to see a Mass PM feature in VB please vote for it here
                      *Learn Hungarian*

Comment

• Steve F
                        • May 2005
                        • 3.5.x

3.7.1 was released at vBulletin Hungary - after the necessary translations etc.

As Andy explained (thanks Andy!) for each release we not only translate the phrases but go through a number of steps that take time and concentration. The new release was a bug-fix, therefore no immediate, urgent action was required.

However, I can fully understand that as a customer you would like to enjoy the new features of the bug free new version but I believe and hope that a few days wait might be a reasonable compromise for an up-to-date translated version.

Comment

• Chazel
                          • Nov 2007

I know, but if slow support is an issue than support here would be a simple fix since you can speak English.

Comment

• ZoltanN
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 3.7.x

Sometime support is requested for hacking vBulletin, and that is something that I personally would not like to start.
                            Sorry if that cause’s trouble.
                            Rightful support requests are answered in due course.

Comment

• akee
                              • Nov 2007

Up for this topic...

The hungarien support is again bad... i don't know, why must hungarien customer waiting 1-2-3 days for the update... i think, not any change in phrases. so i don't understand it.

i (and other hungarien customer) need better support for this expensive (in hungarien is expensive) forum..

thanks

ps.: sorry my bad english

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...