Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TWTCommish
    • Jul 2000

Can't access members area; lost password form doesn't work

Hi. The title says it all, I suppose: I tried to access the members area today, and found my customer number and password didn't work. I was pretty surprised, so I filled out both the lost customer # and lost password forms. I waited 5-10 minutes...no emails. So I filled them out again. I waited another 20 minutes, then emailed [email protected]. A few hours later, I sent the same email to [email protected]. Nothing yet. Any idea what's going on? What do I need to do to get my customer number and password sent to me?
    Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I will try to look into this now.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

I see three duplicate tickets in your account about this topic.

Ticket: 786490 is submitted on Mar 21st '08 08:45pm and answered by Wayne on Mar 21st '08 08:58pm

Ticket: 786549 is submitted on Mar 21st '08 11:00pm and answered by Jake on Mar 21st '08 11:19pm

Ticket: 786641 is submitted on Mar 22nd '08 04:30am and not answered (yet) probably because of the duplicate tickets. I've just assigned it to myself and gave the same reply Wayne did.

Basically they all emailed you back with instructions.

If you are not getting our emails please double check your anti spam etc settings and make sure you allow any email from @vBulletin.com to come through.

Comment

• TWTCommish
        • Jul 2000

Thanks for the update.

I don't have any mail setting which automatically blocks anything; the worst it can do is go into the Juni Mail folder, which I've searched throughout the day. I'll make sure vBulletin addresses are on the Safe Senders list, but I'd still need to resubmit them. Is there any way I can simply access the ticket online?

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Yes, but you're in a paradox. The email you send gets a reply, that reply has a link + authcode to watch it online. You did not get that mail, so no auth code.

Note that we reply to the email you have set on the customer account. (for lost password)

I just did a test and am getting emails from vBulletin.com just fine. So it doesn't seem to be that we're not sending them out.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

I've just mailed it to chris@* again.

Comment

• TWTCommish
              • Jul 2000

Wayne's been kind enough to give me access to one of the support tickets, though as I've told him there, I'm still not receiving anything even after adding @vbulletin.com to my Safe Senders list and requesting a password again. I haven't received anything from you, either.

I suppose I'll relegate the rest of this discussion to the support ticket, though.

Comment

• TWTCommish
                • Jul 2000

I've put in a couple of replies into one of the support tickets, but nothing yet. I don't mean to be a pest, but this strikes me as something we ought to be able to resolve pretty quickly. My information is on file, and I'm told all passwords were forcibly updated in February, but for whatever reason I'm not receiving the relevant emails. Surely there has to be a reasonably quick way of resolving this, perhaps by confirming my identity somehow so that I can update my email address, at least...?

I'm sorry to ask this question here, as well as the ticket, but my development work on a particular project has been at a dead stop for 24 hours because of this problem, and I really need to find a way to resolve it so I can simply access my licenses.

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

I will drop a note in our moderator forum and ask for a site manager to take a look at our email log file and do a test to see if this is perhaps on our end or yours.

Comment

• TWTCommish
                    • Jul 2000

Okay, thanks. Even if it is on my end, I would hope there's some way to resolve this. Perhaps some way I can confirm I am who I say I am, and have the email address on file switched?

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

I am sure that's possible. Say, change email address after verification. But let's first see if someone can do a test and see if your mail bounces or gets declined due to spam filter or whatever - when it gets mailed from our servers to your mail account.

Feel free to update the ticket with Wayne that you have access to to request to change your email address to something else. Wayne could follow up with questions to verify it is you. In worst case you could put a scan of your photo id on your web site that we have on record.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...