• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichM
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.0.x

vBulletin Version Profile field

Hi there,

The vBulletin profile field for "vBulletin Version" needs updating to include 3.7.0. I understand that it's only a beta, however, the previous beta's for 3.6.0 and prior had been added. Just thought I'd point that out just incase it had been accidentally forgotten about.

Cheers.

- Rich
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

This will be done once 3.7 goes 'gold'.

Comment

• antiekeradio
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.6.x

wouldn't it be time to change the number of options in that menu?

if you ask me the 'second level version numbers' prior to 3.5.x are not very interesting anymore, or to say it differently, this version numbers for the later releases would be more interesting.

Could you (theoretically) "merge" all 3.0.0 to 3.0.10+ options into one new option 3.0.x ?
      (i.e. all users that had any of the 3.0.? option selected, would be set to have selected the 3.0.x option)

guess this requires some handywork in the database

Comment

• Dilly
        • Mar 2005

Why? What purpose does it serve?

The way it is at the moment you can see exactly what version they are using.

Comment

• antiekeradio
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Dilly
          The way it is at the moment you can see exactly what version they are using.
          Incorrect. At this moment there are only 2 options for the most recent 'branches' (3.5.x and 3.6.x) and a whole load of options for the outdated branches. (3.0.0 beta 1 to 5, to start with a few useless ones)

check for yourself; there is NO way of identifying you're working with 3.6.4 or with 3.6.8; it all fits under 3.6.x

It should be either every branch split up to the max; OR just the first 2 digits of the version number. Last option would make the list a lot shorter....

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Speaking personally, the field doesn't mean much really. It doesn't show in the postbit and there isn't time to go to everyone's profile to check on a profile field that users don't upgrade regularly to see what version they might be using.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...