I'm getting double subscription notices.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eJM
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

I'm getting double subscription notices.

For some reason, I am getting 2 subscription notices with the same timestamp everytime someone replies to a topic I have subscribed to. They go to the same email address and are from the same email address. I can't see any differences.

Jim
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

From this forum?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• eJM
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.8.x

Twenty-six views of this topic and no replies from a vBulletin staffer?

Am I the only one with this issue? I am a member of quite a few forums, many of which are vBulletin forums and I have not experienced this problem except here at vBulletin.com.

Jim
      [edit]Hi Colin. You posted the same time I did. This post answers your question.[/edit]
      If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
      www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• eJM
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.8.x

Okay, this is strange. I got a subscription notification of your reply, Colin - but I got only 1 notice. I am still getting 2 notices though, when someone replies to the Smoking topic. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I have a subscription to an old topic of the same name (without the prefix)? Did I happen to stumble on a bug in the new 3.7 system?

This is the current Smoking topic I am participating in: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262119

Here is the older one of the same name: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236271

Jim
        www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Colin F
          • May 2004

Is that the only topic where this is happening?

The name shouldn't make a difference, but you can easily check that by seeing if the links in the notification emails are the same or not.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• eJM
            • Sep 2004
            • 3.8.x

The link in each of the notification emails leads to the same reply to the same topic. The second Smoking thread is an old one that doesn't get anymore replies, but is still in my subscribed list. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with it, but it was a curious coincidence.

I haven't participated in any other threads lately, so this one and the Smoking one are the only 2 that would generate notifications. I get only one notice when a reply is posted to this thread, but always 2 when there is a reply to the Smoking thread. Those notices always indicates the same link and the same reply by the same member (although the member changes on the next notice - when duplicate notices are sent, they always show the same member in both notices).

Jim
            www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Mez
              • Mar 2004
              • 3.7.x

If you look at the source code for these messages (the headers etc etc) you should see something similar to

Message-ID: <[email protected]>
              Are these the same?

If so, then it is more than likely a configuration issue at your end, if not, then could you please reply with the headers for both emails where they are duplicated?

Comment

• eJM
                • Sep 2004
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Martin Meredith
                If you look at the source code for these messages (the headers etc etc) you should see something similar to

Are these the same?

If so, then it is more than likely a configuration issue at your end, if not, then could you please reply with the headers for both emails where they are duplicated?
                This time I got 3 notifications. Here are the Message IDs for each:
                So, if this is a configuaration issue at my end, why is this thread (the Smoking one) the only one causing 2 and now 3 subscription notifications? And I don't have the same problem on any other forum or website that I receive auto-notices from. It's pretty odd.

Thanks,

Jim
                www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

That's a problem with your mail server. That one email is stuck in the queue and it keeps sending it over and over again. Someone with access to this server will need to flush the mail queue.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• eJM
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 3.8.x

Sorry, Steve, nothing in the queue. I have a VPS and the mail queue is clean. As I said, it's only that particular thread. As soon as someone replies to it, I will get 2 or 3 subscription notices. Happens every time, just on that thread. And the message ID changes with each group of notices.

Jim
                    www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

I think I misunderstood. It's from a thread on these forums? If so, one of the Devs with access to the server will have to check this.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• eJM
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 3.8.x

Yes, a thread from here. I linked to it in a prior post.

Jim
                        www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

• Mez
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 3.7.x

These three message IDs are identical. Meaning that It is the same email.

This points to an issue with the configuration of your server, or one of the mail servers on the route from our servers to yours. Or even an issue with your mail client.

Mike checked the logs for your email address yesterday, going back to early February, and there are no duplicate entries, or even entries with similar timestamps.

Sorry to say that the issue seems to be at your end, rather than ours. I'd love to help out, but unfortunately, that's well beyond our scope.

The only thing I can think of is to restart your MTA/MDA(s) and hope this helps.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...