X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CCFC
    • Apr 2007
    • 3.6.x

TrialPay

Can you guys try to start support TrialPay? You could get more money that way, I think. I think it is a good idea. Hmm?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I've never heard of trialpay and this is the first request of it as far as I can tell, what exactly would it do for us?

Comment

• Fusion
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      I've never heard of trialpay and this is the first request of it as far as I can tell, what exactly would it do for us?
      Just guessing here, but from the name I gather it is used to offer trial-versions of eg, software.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Fusion
        • Aug 2001
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Fusion
        Just guessing here, but from the name I gather it is used to offer trial-versions of eg, software.
        Heh. I googled it. Seems it enables the user to get products for "free" by trying out others. Some hail it as excellent, while others call it a scam.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Basically you sign up for a service. If the purchaser buys things from other vendors, they get your software for free and the other vendors pay you money for their new customers.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CCFC
            • Apr 2007
            • 3.6.x

Actually

They sign up for one offer, and do whatever they ask, and than that vendor pays the company so you can get your product for free.

Comment

• LindseyBc
              • Nov 2007
              • 3.7.x

Comment

• Onimua
                • Apr 2005

This sounds like a kind of spam/scam sort of thing, even if it were legit. I know I wouldn't trust (and I don't) those kind of things were you have to fill out a survey or whatnot and jump through hoops just to try and get something free, and not even sure if you will get what you're asking for.
                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Boofo
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 4.1.x

I have used TrialPay on a couple of reputable programs I have registered. Some of the offers are 30-days trials that you can cancel before the 30 days is up or stay with them. And some, like Jamster, were a good deal for me as I am still with them. I got a fully registered program out of it both times I have used it. TrialPay is not a scam. The companies they use are reputable.
                  vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• simsim
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 3.6.x

Speaking of supported payment systems, I think Jelsoft should consider supporting Moneybookers. They're reaching over 5 millions users now and growing, already a UK-based company and already supported in vBulletin's subscription system.
                    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...