Support is a JOKE! Stay away from Wayne Luke!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • x YNWA x
    • May 2007

Support is a JOKE! Stay away from Wayne Luke!

I opened a ticket when we got our forum open last June, needed support as there was an issue with it. This person who is meant to be a support person called Wayne Luke was assigned to fix it. Obviously he needed to get registered on the site to be able to fix it. We send mass PM Messages to our users about once per month. I have received a complaint about SPAM!! Surely it was his responsibility to email me and take him off the registered users on the site!?!

He has only just complained now and has probably had about 10 PM messages, which are not spam, they are just information for our users etc

Had he asked when he had the first PM then it wouldn't have been an issue, but he waits until he has had a lot of them to complain to the Web hosters.

He got removed from the registered users at least 6 months ago and have only just received this complaint. With support like this, who needs enemies!!

You have been warned, if someone called Wayne Luke comes along to help, make sure he is deleted straight away, he is one of those people who gets bothered by the small things in life - get a life man!

If this is how paying customers get treated, it makes me wonder why I bothered and didnt just download an illegal copy to install, pathetic.
    Last edited by x YNWA x; Sun 10 Feb '08, 7:02am.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

You should keep this in private message or post within 'Site Feedback' without naming any member and ranting about this in public. When I first bought vBulletin, I thought I was going to get it installed by them or at least a easy walk through. I really thought I got ripped off, as I could not get a good host or help at first. It has taken 2 (two) weeks before I learn to install the product without any help. I did not trust anyone to install my script, as I read the rules about keeping your script secure from picacy.

What ever you have to rant about is only your side of the story and have no clue why your host would care about you private messaging your own members.

Comment

• dieselpowered
      • Aug 2004
      • 4.2.X

Sorry to hear of your issue, in all honesty Wayne has always been quite helpful towards me.
      CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

• Chris-777
        • Jan 2006

Wayne's always helped me out as well.
        http://www.metalmusicians.org

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Sometimes it helps to look at the issue from the other side. How many forums do your think Wayne signs up for to help out users? I'm not a member of a ton of sites, but I HATE getting unsolicited emails from sites. You might not want to call it spam, but 10 unsolicited PMs in six months is a bit much. I can imagine opening up my email and seeing a ton of messages one day and sending off an email to all of those sites and telling them to take me off their list. He sent you one message - you sent him ten. Sounds like he owes you another nine.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• x YNWA x
            • May 2007

Originally posted by U2Lynne
            Sometimes it helps to look at the issue from the other side. How many forums do your think Wayne signs up for to help out users? I'm not a member of a ton of sites, but I HATE getting unsolicited emails from sites. You might not want to call it spam, but 10 unsolicited PMs in six months is a bit much. I can imagine opening up my email and seeing a ton of messages one day and sending off an email to all of those sites and telling them to take me off their list. He sent you one message - you sent him ten. Sounds like he owes you another nine.
            Its not a bit much, if its directly related to the site and information for our users, which they may not otherwise see. I would have had no issue if he said back In July to remove him from the database, but he waits until now, and complains to EUK Host - pathetic.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Actually when I started receiving PM notifications, I sent an email asking to delete the account. Several weeks later I asked again for the account to be deleted and stated if it wasn't then I would start reporting the messages as spam to various posting agencies. You decided to ban the account and there is no way that I can opt out of these notices that I never signed up for. I don't care about the fantasy leagues on your site and am not going to participate and do not want the emails about them.

Since I cannot opt-out and never chose to opt-in I contacted the hosting provider. Even then I only asked that they have you remove me from your email list and no other punitive action. Emails with you never got anywhere and I still receive emails that I do not want. The simplest solution would have been to either delete the account or change the email address to an unroutable one where I wouldn't receive your MASS emails.

It may seem small to you but when I get an overall 200-300 email messages a day (not all from your site mind you), weeding through things can be quite tiresome even with spam filtering software. I first asked that the account be deleted in October and have only know contacted your host about it. After 5 months of requests, I didn't believe there would be any other resolution.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

[Moderator Action: Thread moved to : Site Feedback]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...