X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazinger
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

keywords

This forum keywords are: vbulletin,forum,bbs,discussion,jelsoft,bulletin board

I think a space should be added after each word.
    $post[signature]
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

In a way I understand why Mazinger pointed this out. I've seen a lot of top SEO orientated sites adding spaces after the comma in keywords these days. Which as made even me wonder why they are doing this. And I mean sites that very focused towards SEO too. And not just your average run of the mill everyday forums, but top software producers who gear there software to be very SEO Friendly.

Comment

• Mez
        • Mar 2004
        • 3.7.x

There it uses spaces after the commas.

Neither way is wrong nor right really.

Comment

• simsim
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.6.x

It has nothing to do with SEO as I'm quite sure that most search engines are able to strip off commas and spaces and get the kool-aid Keywords. With that being said, meta keywords have almost zero relevance on how well a website is ranked in the major search engines. Actually Google search bots don't even bother with them.

Although, it looks like software programmers are now getting use of keywords for what they truly should be for: serving up ONSITE search capabilities. Examples are the use of keywords tags for semantic linking to other content in Textpattern and for categorizing content and improving search in vBulletin 3.7.

Stop being a detail Nazi.
          Last edited by simsim; Fri 8 Feb '08, 3:57pm.
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

Originally posted by simsim
            It has nothing to do with SEO as I'm quite sure that most search engines are able to strip off commas and spaces and get the kool-aid Keywords. With that being said, meta keywords have almost zero relevance on how well a website is ranked in the major search engines. Actually Google search bots don't even bother with them.

Although, it looks like software programmers are now getting use of keywords for what they truly should be for: serving up ONSITE search capabilities. Examples are the use of keywords tags for semantic linking to other content in Textpattern and for categorizing content and improving search in vBulletin 3.7.

Stop being a detail Nazi.
            Google Search bot doesn't use keywords, your right! But some other search engines still do though. Plus using keywords can help you get better targeted ads with adsense. So they still have there usage

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...