X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simsim
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Gladius
    No, it's isn't. Read my post above again.
    Ah.. Welcome PMs.. I stand corrected.
    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• j4ck455
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by simsim
      How do you report PM spammers? Is it really unintuitive to think of forwarding such PMs to a moderator? I don't know why people are opening new threads to announce their reception of spam!
      LOL .

I cannot speak for anyone else that created such a thread, but the reason I created such a thread [later merged into this thread], is that I looked at the list of mods to see who was online at the time to forward the p.m. spam to, and couldn't tell who was online due to hidden status - I could have tried to forward the p.m. spam to all mods [5 at a time], but I thought it would be quicker to simply create a thread - knowing that one or more mods are likely to be online and would respond .

BTW, nothing wrong with hidden status, I use it myself on the forum that I'm an admin of.

IMO a possible solution to abuse of the vB p.m. system - not just spam but also scamming via p.m. as well as insults being hurled in private, would be to provide a "Report Bad Private Message" button that would send an exact copy of the received p.m. - unfortunately moderating in the private messaging realm is extremely problematic since there are always 2 sides to a private message exchange, but such RBPM functionality might help a bit.

Comment

• Kimmi
        • Jan 2006

I got one too from "sat smith" i seen you already taken care of it.. should i still forward it?

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

We got that user banned, tnx for the report.

Comment

• simsim
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by jackass
            I could have tried to forward the p.m. spam to all mods [5 at a time], but I thought it would be quicker to simply create a thread - knowing that one or more mods are likely to be online and would respond .
            It looks that you hate spam with passion, jackass!

BTW, nothing wrong with hidden status, I use it myself on the forum that I'm an admin of.
            This is really irrelevant to this thread, but it generally has been discussed many times. If you're the only admin of your own forum, I think using the Invisible Mode will made unpleasant thought on your members as if you're hiding form them.

RBPM functionality might help a bit.
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...