X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jobe1986
    • Jan 2007
    • 4.2.x

Signature Image!!

Ok can I have comfirmation from a member of staff as to whether or not the following single image is allowed within the signature rules (which by my understanding it is but I was recently warned as if it isnt):

<imageremoved>
    [img]<urlremoved>[/img]

I would have replied to the warning but the person who warned me (I will not be naming) chose not to receive any PM's.
    Last edited by Jobe1986; Mon 11 Apr '16, 8:50am.
    http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I am staff, and am the one who contacted you. I also told you where to find the forum rules.
    When a staff member contacts you with a request to change your signature, please do so. Thank you. There's no need for another staff to confirm the same thing. I've set my PM option to only receive PM from users on my contact list and the staff. The SINGLE image you have is to bypass the rules .. it has text and multiple images in it. It shows visually as text and images. Therefor I've contacted you.

Comment

• Jobe1986
      • Jan 2007
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Floris
      I am staff, and am the one who contacted you. I also told you where to find the forum rules.
      When a staff member contacts you with a request to change your signature, please do so. Thank you. There's no need for another staff to confirm the same thing. I've set my PM option to only receive PM from users on my contact list and the staff. The SINGLE image you have is to bypass the rules .. it has text and multiple images in it. It shows visually as text and images. Therefor I've contacted you.
      I chose not to name you on the grounds of respect for privacy and since one person had said it was ok and now you said it wasnt I am after further clarification from a third party due to the confusion now caused as to what the rules actually mean. Since in my understanding the rules do not forbid an image from containing other images and text.

And just to clarify, I shal not myself name the person who I had asked if it was ok out of the same respect for privacy. So that person will have to come forward of his or her own choice.

So forgive me for the confusion now caused. As a user it becomes increasingly difficult to abide by rules if said rules are not consistanyl enforced. By that I mean if one member of staff sees somthing as a violation and another doesnt. Sure the best thing to do would be to do as I have done and make my signature text only. But this episode should show that the rules need to be made a little clearer.

Once again, sorry if I seem rude or disgruntled, thats mainly because im now confused as to why somthing that fits within one interpretation of the rules does not fit within another. And the fact the rules can be interpreted in more then one way shows there is a need for clarification of some form. At least I now feel there is a need anyway.

Sorry for any upset, anger, etc.. ive caused.
      Last edited by Jobe1986; Wed 2 Jan '08, 6:17am.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

I will add you to my contact list, please accept the befriend list, and then please privmsg me who said it was ok so I can discuss it internally with that other staff member. And don't worry, he or she won't be in trouble. We want to be consistent, which is why I initially contacted you.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Thanks for the PM, I have no problem allowing you to reset the image now. I've left a usernote in your account for the other staff in case this occurs in the future again.

Comment

• Jobe1986
            • Jan 2007
            • 4.2.x

As I replied in PM, thank you for your time and effort to get to the bottom of this in such a professional manner.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...