Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubka3
    • Dec 2007

Nulled vBulletin Help.

I wan tto know if a user of my hosting company is running a nulled vBulletin. I dont wont to report it because its is using my sub-domain and i might get shut down by my reseller hosting company. When i looked in the config.php its had no lincese. What should i do. I can suspened the user and look at his files or anything. Some one please help me.
  • Dilly
    • Mar 2005

Your only choice is reporting it.

Comment

• SNN
      • Jul 2006

In my opinion, I would contact the user running the nulled vBulletin, tell him to purchase a license or his site will be shut down.

Comment

• bubka3
        • Dec 2007

Would Like A vBulletin Staff Respones

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

Report the site here: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

We will then investigate it from there.

We do not disclose any information about who has placed the report or about the status of the report to the reporting person.

Comment

• Alteran Ancient
            • May 2005
            • 3.8.x

I don't quite understand what you do or if it works. The only thing I can assume is that the website gets checked with a database of valid licenses and their tied website locations, and if it's not there, the address gets sent onto pirate reports. But what happens there?
            -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
            This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

We have an internal system, and are working together with piratereports.com, and a lawyer. And we will not disclose any further details.

Comment

• Mez
                • Mar 2004
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by bubka3
                I wan tto know if a user of my hosting company is running a nulled vBulletin. I dont wont to report it because its is using my sub-domain and i might get shut down by my reseller hosting company. When i looked in the config.php its had no lincese. What should i do. I can suspened the user and look at his files or anything. Some one please help me.
                Speaking from experience from when I used to work for a Webhosting company, and not as a representative of vBulletin, as I do not know the process internally regarding piracy, etc etc, I'd say the following.

Generally, the owner of the website will generally be contacted with a Cease & Desist, and/or a DMCA.

If there is no response to this, then the hosting provider generally gets sent a takedown request, and it goes further up the trail.

I'd suggest that you report it through our piracy system (http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php) and include as much detail as you can, and if you are contacted with a C&D/DMCA/Takedown request, then comply with them.

Being a webhoster, it's your responsibility to cover your back at all steps, so reporting won't do you any harm, if the site's illegal, then they'll get contacted, if it's legal, then there's no worries

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, and nor do the above comments represent the vBulletin Piracy team. They are purely information that I have gathered from my previous experiences in web hosting

Comment

• bubka3
                  • Dec 2007

Thanks Every Body, Reported

Comment

• John F.
                    • Jan 2008

Good work, bubka.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...