Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

Quick reply is hanging

Since the upgrade, quick reply is sometimes hanging.

I am being directed to an error message stating that I have to wait x seconds before I can post again. The post I submitted is showing up though.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

I've had that a couple of times, but I was thinking it was more related to the server problems and connections they've been having here today.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
      Banned
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Onimua
      I've had that a couple of times, but I was thinking it was more related to the server problems and connections they've been having here today.
      IMO it's sad that vBulletin's official support forum has to start disabling features to keep their forum up everytime there is a new release. Performance needs improvement.... one has to assume that with the server optimization that is offered by eva2000 that their servers are in good shape configuration wise. If they have to do this for every new release they either need to upgrade servers or fix the issues that are causing such loads. Even with the feautres disabled it's been slow at times today.

With that said I'm not just saying this to be negative. I just want to see this improved in the future. Dealing with big boards on vBulletin can be a nightmare at times.

Comment

• Anthony89
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.8.x

They just went live with beta software in a high traffic forum. Have some consideration.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
          Banned
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.6.x

I do. I'm not cussing them out or asking anything unreasonable. Just because it's a beta doesn't mean anything. The performance is the same as with 3.6. If it's worse then that's sad and it really needs to be addressed.

All I suggested is that they need to address these issues so that they do not have to keep doing this with every release. It doesn't look good for people wanting to buy the product and who are worried about performance issues to come here and see that they had to disable very popular features to keep the forums from being unusable.

Comment

• Onimua
            • Apr 2005

Still, I would think that any site who has a sudden flood of people coming online at once from all sorts of places would still feel the effects (look what happens when some sites appear on Digg).

But at least with vBulletin 4 we should definitely be seeing that change.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Mez
              • Mar 2004
              • 3.7.x

There was an issue with a query that was running away and causing major issues. It was a bug, which has now been fixed. However, as either a precautionary measure, or because we'd rather have the users focus on testing, rather than have them stuck playing with certain features for hours (like one of our staff members did - no names mentioned)

Normal Service will resume ASAP

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Dec 2000

We had an abnormal traffic load today because of the release, we also need to add a bunch of indexes to a few tables. Some of these are hard to diagnose until you have a full data set.

I know there is a bug in PT that causes a temporary table that contains all of the issues, this is a fairly large overhead and ends up in lots of locking. If we can identify the long running queries then locking doesn't become an issue.

Or we can convert our user table to InnoDB, that causes most of the issues.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • May 2000
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by BamaStangGuy
                  All I suggested is that they need to address these issues so that they do not have to keep doing this with every release.
                  What features have we disabled in the past to deal with a release?

Comment

• ---MAD---
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                    I was wondering that myself. It was the first time I have seen Jelsoft disable a feature and that was the first day of the 3.7 beta.

On topic - the quick reply seems to be much better now.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                      Every major release. I remember it happening for 3.6. I can't remember it happneing for 3.5... not even sure there was an option to turn it off in that version. Regardless I remember it happening on at least one other occasion before this. The online member count is what I am referring too.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BamaStangGuy
                        Every major release. I remember it happening for 3.6. I can't remember it happneing for 3.5... not even sure there was an option to turn it off in that version. Regardless I remember it happening on at least one other occasion before this. The online member count is what I am referring too.
                        Uh are you talking about the quick repply or something else?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...