X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TylerK10
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc
    Or using thread prefixes for display 'vBulletin 3.6" and group subforums by activities?

Ex: 1 subforum troubleshooting for all vB versions, managed by thread prefixes This can reduce very quickly the forum home
    That might narrow it down a little too much; you still want new vBulletin customers to be able to use these support forums without any confusion.

However, the idea for using predefined prefixes in the specific support forums would be great. This way, you know exactly what you're going into before entering the thread.

Comment

• Mazinger
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.7.x

It will also make the life of the staff easier, for example they might nowt want to keep navigating through 3.6, 3.5, 3.0 and 2.0 support forum all the time for answering questions that the same solution would be applicable for all versions.
      $post[signature]

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mazinger
        It will also make the life of the staff easier, for example they might nowt want to keep navigating through 3.6, 3.5, 3.0 and 2.0 support forum all the time for answering questions that the same solution would be applicable for all versions.
        Actually having all versions in a single forum will probably make our jobs a lot harder. People won't use prefixes or they'll use the wrong one... As it is we constantly move threads to the correct forums because people post in the wrong ones. It can be a nightmare when you can't determine what version the person is using.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Actually having all versions in a single forum will probably make our jobs a lot harder. People won't use prefixes or they'll use the wrong one... As it is we constantly move threads to the correct forums because people post in the wrong ones. It can be a nightmare when you can't determine what version the person is using.
          I agree, I rather see a category for legacy versions, and have the vb 2.x, 3.0-3.6 listed below it.

Comment

• TylerK10
            • Aug 2006
            • 3.8.x

Thanks for merging it into his thread. Now my first post makes no sense and we have a much broader intro.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Both topics were the same, reorganizing the vb forums.

Comment

• Mazinger
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                You can make choosing the version prefix required, I assume there's an option to do so.
                $post[signature]

Comment

• ---MAD---
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
                  I agree, I rather see a category for legacy versions, and have the vb 2.x, 3.0-3.6 listed below it.
                  Thats the way to go IMO.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mazinger
                    You can make choosing the version prefix required, I assume there's an option to do so.
                    Maybe so but I am telling you it will make our job a nightmare. I am sure we have a better idea of what is involved than you do.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ---MAD---
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3.8.x

If only there was an option to hide categories like on vbulletin.org. Maybe something like that could slip into 3.7 .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...