X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wii
    • Sep 2000
    • 3.8.x

Fluid vBulletin ?

I always wondered about this, when not logged in, why is the mainpage fluid, but the forum fixed width ? Shouldn´t the forum be fluid too ?
  • TylerK10
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.8.x

The main page is fluid, but the forum's default skin is the fixed version.

(I assume you use the fluid skin, which is why it is only like that when you're not logged in.)

Comment

• wii
      • Sep 2000
      • 3.8.x

Yeah, but why the difference ? I mean, if you decide on a fluid design, it should be fluid all the way, right ?

Comment

• TylerK10
        • Aug 2006
        • 3.8.x

Eh, maybe. I like the forum's fixed version better, but I don't think the site would flow nicely with a fixed version.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

It is fixed, as I think it is for users that still use monitors with 800x600 resolution. 1/3 to 1/2 of businesses and schools still have this type of screen.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

we offer fluid and fixed, in white and grey

Comment

• wii
              • Sep 2000
              • 3.8.x

Yeah, but fixed or fluid, it can still go well with small resolution, what I mean is why is the main page fluid and the forum fixed ? I know people can choose a style at the forum which is fluid, but shouldn´t this style be the default one, so the main page and the forum looks as similar as possible ?

Comment

• ---MAD---
                • Jun 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by wii
                Yeah, but fixed or fluid, it can still go well with small resolution, what I mean is why is the main page fluid and the forum fixed ? I know people can choose a style at the forum which is fluid, but shouldn´t this style be the default one, so the main page and the forum looks as similar as possible ?
                Good point actually - just some consistency although fixed skins are better IMO.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by wii
                  Yeah, but fixed or fluid, it can still go well with small resolution, what I mean is why is the main page fluid and the forum fixed ? I know people can choose a style at the forum which is fluid, but shouldn�t this style be the default one, so the main page and the forum looks as similar as possible ?
                  The different styles allow us to show potential customers the flexibility of vBulletin and allow them to see that you can support multiple styles at the same time. With the default style, changing from fluid to fixed is a single Stylevar variable.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wii
                    • Sep 2000
                    • 3.8.x

Glad to see that you changed it - the forum is now fluid for guests, as it should be.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...