X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Time Zones - Off One Hour?

I just notice that the time on this board is off be one hour? I do not know if my timezone for my area has change, but I did not change any setting within options on this board.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The time is showing up fine for me. Make sure you have the correct DST settings in your User CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
      • Feb 2005
      • 1.1.x

Still the same MST -7:00, but I guees it is my computer that does not read it correctly on my end. I did a format last night and I just went and look at my wall clock, but I did set the correct time zone I am in. Meh!, it was GWB who moved the time forward and I do not remeber what I did to get correct settings.

Now I have to talk to micrsoft support to get my settings corrected, as the update time did not work.

Ok, just notice that the time synchronization is not working at the moment. I will have to wait till that works before I get correct time on my end.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Does Windows allow you to set your own NTP server?

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

Yes.

set it to: time-a.nist.gov :P
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

I had to manually increment the time, as sync does not work right now on my end.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

I had a problem a while back with setting my time synchronization to xxxxx.nist.gov so set it to time.windows.com and it is working correctly now.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

I just got it working and support from microsoft is checking to see what and why only time.windows.com is working and other is not. They were unable to track down why both were causing errors while searching my computer. I am sure the information they gather from my computer may help them figure out if it was a bad install, block from firewall and or settings.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...