Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urbanways
    • Mar 2001

Feed Up

Ok I think something needs to eb done about all of these pirated sites i mean we pay our money and tehy jsut downlaod them for god knows where for free I feel that if you cant get the action taken against them at least make it where tehy cant acess the support and help fourm section of vb They shouldnt have access to the same things as we do just not helping them with there problems if the do not have there customer number and pass in there profile isnt enough for they can simply read teh threads here and fins a soultion to there problem isnt there a way that you can amke this forum viewable to only those with the version number in there profile then that would element some them from getting the same supporut that paying customers liek my self and others have

And what can we do as part of the vb community to help in the fight against piracy thank you i guess im finsh with my rant but some one please respond
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Jelsoft is taking steps to do combat privacy. See this thread for more info:

Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 5 Aug '01, 1:34pm.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

We feel at this point that only allowing registered members access to the support forums wouldn't be a good idea for a number of reasons.

If you suspect a board of piracy, you can always email [email protected].

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tubedogg
        We feel at this point that only allowing registered members access to the support forums wouldn't be a good idea for a number of reasons.

If you suspect a board of piracy, you can always email [email protected].
        yeah potential customers need to ask questions, otherwise thinking back to last year me asking questions prior to purchasing vB
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...