X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michelle
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

/signed
    Personally, I more need ETAs than a roadmap with the features.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

Why is a detailed road map needed? I don't know what business publishes a detailed road map.
      Because we want to keep our business with Jelsoft. If company x has a suite of applications that we need to build our build our community, then we would switch over and I doubt we would be interested in switching back to vbulletin later on when they release their products/add-on's. If we had a better idea of what to expect and a general idea of when, we may decide to hang on and wait. So forget user reasons, this would be good business sense considering jelsoft is now in the position of playing catch up.

Dont take my comments the wrong way, I'm a loyal user and I love the product but I can't help but acknowledge how far other products have come in the last 2 years.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• ---MAD---
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
        Because we want to keep our business with Jelsoft. If company x has a suite of applications that we need to build our build our community, then we would switch over and I doubt we would be interested in switching back to vbulletin later on when they release their products/add-on's. If we had a better idea of what to expect and a general idea of when, we may decide to hang on and wait. So forget user reasons, this would be good business sense considering jelsoft is now in the position of playing catch up.

Dont take my comments the wrong way, I'm a loyal user and I love the product but I can't help but acknowledge how far other products have come in the last 2 years.
        Yeah I second that but lots of companies release a rough roap map as shown on previous pages in this thread .

Comment

• Sysop9001
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra

100% Agree

Comment

• DelphiVillage
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

lol is this thread still open ? that surprises me quite a bit i've said i before and i repeat it again vBulletin 3.7 and 4.0 will come when it's ready to come the more you inpatient ..... ask the longer it's going to take

Comment

• Sysop9001
              • Jul 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DelphiVillage
              lol is this thread still open ? that surprises me quite a bit i've said i before and i repeat it again vBulletin 3.7 and 4.0 will come when it's ready to come the more you inpatient ..... ask the longer it's going to take
              No dude, we don't ask for the simple deadlines "when version xx is out", we ask for a roadmap that is not the same like you said if you knows.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                • Jun 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DelphiVillage
                Nope it won't take longer. Tell me one way it will take longer lol. A reply will take maximum 5 minutes of a developers time. If it does delay the product (which it doesn't - developers only roam around the forums when they are not developing), it will delay it by 5 mins.

Comment

• RvG
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 3.8.x

I love vbulletin but I don't like the way it is. I am in the dark... don't know what going on. I need something that will keep me excited about what is "new" on vbulletin. Something that is worth to wait and see it how it goes... but at the end - a satisfied customer on what is vbulletin script nowadays but...

better to close this thread... and wait.

Comment

• Freezerator
                    • May 2002
                    • 3.6.x

The answer can be quitte simple: There won't be a roadmap. Why should they make one, because they are not going to give any release dates. Focus on what product you have now, rather on what it can be in the future...
                    Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

• ---MAD---
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Freezerator
                      The answer can be quitte simple: There won't be a roadmap. Why should they make one, because they are not going to give any release dates. Focus on what product you have now, rather on what it can be in the future...
                      So what if they dont have release dates? That doesn't mean we have to be left in the dark and not know whats going in 4.0 for example or what the plan is after 3.7.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

Let's put this into pseudo code so some people may understand

PHP Code:
                        $roadmap != $releasedate 
                        I think a lot of people here are not requesting a formal release or target date. They simply want to know what's going on in terms of development. If there's a general target date on when they hope to release, that's just an added bonus.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• ---MAD---
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          Let's put this into pseudo code so some people may understand

PHP Code:
                          $roadmap != $releasedate 
                          I think a lot of people here are not requesting a formal release or target date. They simply want to know what's going on in terms of development. If there's a general target date on when they hope to release, that's just an added bonus.
                          Not really. Its a map showing where the company will go next - not necessary when it will go there. Depends how detailed a road map is really.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                            • Jun 2002

Originally posted by ---MAD---
                            Not really. Its a map showing where the company will go next - not necessary when it will go there. Depends how detailed a road map is really.
                            I thought I said that...

What's going on in terms of development, what's next....
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• MRGTB
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by Masiello
                              Please post here your attemption if you like that the Jelsoft open to public their software roadmap and deadlines.
                              It would be nice to see there roadmap in regards to what they have planned for future with add-ons, and whats planned next etc. And maybe even a percentage bar to show the current status of an on-going product and where its up too.

But your never going to get them to submit to deadlines.
                              Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 24 Oct '07, 1:31pm.

Comment

• Dream
                                • Mar 2001
                                • 3.6.x

Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...