X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ---MAD---
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by sabret00the
    totally agreed. Roadmap? Yes. ETA's? No, would be nice but definitely not a necessity for me.
    Yeah I agree.

Comment

• Removed-836727
      Banned by User Request
      • Apr 2006

And here you see that everybody wants something different, and you don't need eta's but here are also users who wants them
      there are also users who want developerblogs
      there are users who want ............

so if they make a roadmap there will be also just this sort of threads..
      it's a neverending story in my eyes

you know what i mean?

Comment

• l SKN l CHRIS
        • Mar 2007
        • 3.6.x

signed

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

The software Developers and Staff have replied in several threads about what fringes of whats to come in vBulletin version 3.7 and 4.0. If vBulletin were the only forum bulletin board product, then you may have the right to ask.

You are going to just hype it up for nothing, as I thought the Blog was going to be something that it is not. I do realize that it is just the first version release and hopefully it will have somethings I would like to be part of the product as default and not have to ask a coder to create it.

Comment

• Anthony89
            • Nov 2006
            • 3.8.x

Why is a detailed road map needed? I don't know what business publishes a detailed road map.

Also, I don't think that this petition will be a fair representation of all vBulletin customers as most of them aren't coming here everyday but paying attention to their own boards.

No one here can predict the future. Not even the developers. Things change, new ideas emerge. Therefore it's not wise to be shown something when once it's published they are accountable for what they said so then they are in a tough spot if things change.
            Last edited by Anthony89; Mon 22 Oct '07, 3:42pm. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Anthony89
              Why is a detailed road map needed? I don't know what business publishes a detailed road map.

Also, I don't think that this petition will be a fair representation of all vBulletin customers as most of them aren't coming here everyday but paying attention to their own boards.

No one here can predict the future. Not even the developers. Things change, new ideas emerge. Therefore it's not wise to be shown something when once it's punished they are accountable for what they said so then they are in a tough spot if things change.
              Microsoft, Apple, General Motors, NASA and so on... Your goverment pretty much does.. You need more or should I list Golden Arches [McDonald's]

Comment

• Anthony89
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
                Microsoft, Apple, General Motors, NASA and so on... Your goverment pretty much does.. You need more or should I list Golden Arches [McDonald's]
                You only know what they tell you. All companies keep secrets of what they are doing until released later.

Comment

• Sysop9001
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ragtek
                  i'm talking about the jelsoft stuff
                  instead they should make there job(programming & support) now the have to care about a roadmap and the things the customers wrote here in the last time(like that developers should have a blog and wrote every day what they made???? i mean whats that for a ****?? instead of spending his time with "real work" now every developer should take 20 minutes a day and write a little summary about his day??? this is no hobby-free opensource software were people make this because they "love" it & it's there hobby
                  they are programming for money
                  and if i could choose if somebody should spend 1h with writting into blogs,roadmaps etc or with developing i would choose developing

what have we with many "ideas" where 50% write then: yeaaaaaaaaaa wow, that would be great, 50% write: thats ****, i don't need it, and all the blogs would be full with this comments
                  and then after 2 month's working, they see, that that doesn't work(like this fine idee: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244378 ) and all the people make a "riot" ....

be honest: how many of you would be happy with just this things in roadmap:
                  3.7 eta: 12.2007
                  4.0 eta: 16.2008

sorry for "bad english" i used a dictionary for many words
                  To public a roadmap is the Admins job, just reading a private content that wrote by devs and prepare one for public. Nothing much.

Comment

• Sysop9001
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 3.8.x

You only know what they tell you. All companies keep secrets of what they are doing until released later.
                    Please, just post here if you like to see a roadmap, I know anyone like to say it's own think.
                    But me and like others Jelsoft Customer, want's to have a software roadmap and we don't ask to public the 007 details about it, but just some things that allow us to have a choose for new future projects based on forum platforms.
                    Then, if they want to take us in consideration it is well, otherwise patience, everyone regulated like better believes.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Rather than just demanding purely a roadmap, maybe make a few proposals to see what a roadmap could possibly have and offers in terms of information?

I was thinking along the lines of FireFox.

Or maybe something as simple as this?

ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• ---MAD---
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                        Rather than just demanding purely a roadmap, maybe make a few proposals to see what a roadmap could possibly have and offers in terms of information?

I was thinking along the lines of FireFox.

Or maybe something as simple as this?

http://deskpro.com/deskpro/roadmap/
                        Heres another example:
                        http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,198551.0.html although much less on there because of the fact its an open source CMS so the developers cannot do as much work as a paid cms for example could .

Comment

• StrongMotive
                          • May 2007
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by ---MAD---
                          Heres another example:
                          http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,198551.0.html although much less on there because of the fact its an open source CMS so the developers cannot do as much work as a paid cms for example could .
                          Ditto

Comment

• zappsan
                            • Sep 2004
                            • 3.8.x

Signed.
                            This would just make it easier to plan forum projects.

I would already be happy with something simple like this: http://deskpro.com/deskpro/roadmap/
                            *Insert text here* :)

Comment

• Anthony89
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Masiello
                              Please, just post here if you like to see a roadmap, I know anyone like to say it's own think.
                              But me and like others Jelsoft Customer, want's to have a software roadmap and we don't ask to public the 007 details about it, but just some things that allow us to have a choose for new future projects based on forum platforms.
                              Then, if they want to take us in consideration it is well, otherwise patience, everyone regulated like better believes.
                              You know that 3.7 is being worked on and will include social networking. You knew ahead of time vB would be doing add-on projects. I think whatever Jelsot releases it will never be good enough. In fact, it will make it worst when they can't meet a deadline. Can't you just accept the fact that a time machine doesn't exist and no one can know the estimated time? Many companies like Microsoft and Apple post estimated release dates and they've gotten delayed. That's why it's not good to give specific or even general estimations. If a deadline isn't met then people get disappointed.

I think people need to chillax and think about other things. It's like when you stare at a clock, time will go slower. If you focus and do other things, time goes by faster.

Comment

• Mikhailtech
                                • Aug 2002

You knew ahead of time vB would be doing add-on projects. I think whatever Jelsot releases it will never be good enough. In fact, it will make it worst when they can't meet a deadline. I think people need to chillax and think about other things. It's like when you stare at a clock, time will go slower. If you focus and do other things, time goes by faster.
                                It's not so much deadlines that (a lot of us) are concerned with, it's the lack of providing something we really NEED. The addons are great, sure, whoopty doo. So they made a blog and project tools.

We've been asking for a CMS for over half a decade.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...