Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazinger
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

Just wonder, is vb.com going to use all these features here (prefixes, tags, navbar notices... etc)?
    $post[signature]

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Yep, pretty much. I would expect that some of these options - like the Blog - will only be available to licensed customers.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ---MAD---
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        That option is available in 3.7 via the new 'Notices Manager'.
        Ah cool.
        Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Yep, pretty much. I would expect that some of these options - like the Blog - will only be available to licensed customers.
        Cool stuff .

Comment

• chelseaboy
          • May 2005

Originally posted by seangworld
          I'm counting on this add-on to help ME get my site active with a fresh start and become a big social networking website like MySpace, Friendster, etc.

I don't want to be rude but you are not going to become a huge site like MySpace or anything like Friendster by using vBulletin. You may have a strong community if you hit the right buttons and find a niche, and it appears you haven't done this already.

To become big like MySpace or Facebook you will need to put a lot of time and effort and code a unique site from the bottoms up yourself. Again, not being rude, but giving you a bit of 'Dragons Den' advice. As Theo Paphitis or Deborah Meaden would say: you are wasting your time and money.

EDIT: Appears my thoughts have already been mentioned by others. Sorry for going off topic lol!
          Last edited by chelseaboy; Mon 10 Mar '08, 7:29am.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

I agree, vBulletin is a forum software solution first, and it is not like MySpace that's written to be a Social Network first. There's a huge difference here. The reverse accounts for MySpace too. Don't expect it to be a good message board .. for example.

That said, a forum can be a great platform for a social community. There are niche topics like hockey for example, and during events these networks do really well. A week ago or so when there were hockey trades etc the chat rooms filled up and people used the features on the forum to help get friends informed, etc. For a full day the hfboards.com for example had over 18,000 online users at the same time for hours and hours.

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

I think you people should know that Social Networking is now a dying trend.

It was reported recently, that for the first time since both Facebook and Myspace started. They are now reporting losing members each month on their sites. Rather than gaining more members. It would appear the fad of social networking is not what is used to be!

Comment

• schlottke
                • Apr 2007
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MRGTB
                I think you people should know that Social Networking is now a dying trend.

It was reported recently, that for the first time since both Facebook and Myspace started. They are now reporting losing members each month on their sites. Rather than gaining more members. It would appear the fad of social networking is not what is used to be!
                or... their competition in the lower tiers is growing and taking a portion of the giant's member base...

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

I do not think it is dying, I think it is equaling out. People now kinda know what web 2.0 is, the peak has perhaps been reached, companies know what content and community they want and what works and not. It's time to equalize the social networking for sites like myspace, digg, facebook, reddit, etc. They will adapt to what's new and won't die out. They will grow to keep funding and revenue going and this means some will disappear due to failure, some will grow to be bigger. Some might even merge. But I don't see 'social networking' die out. It's too 'social' for that.

Comment

• MRGTB
                    • May 2005

I was just quoting what was said on the radio during a news broadcast. I agree that maybe facebook has peaked etc. But it was being reported that the number on users was declining each months. Which indicates that people are stopping using it more and more as each moth goes by.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...