Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Social Networking is a concept. vBulletin already falls under the definition of basic Social Networking. It is an idea that will allow your users to express themselves more as individuals and create their own internal networks of friends and contacts on your site. How that is implemented better in vBulletin, you will just have to wait and see.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ---MAD---
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Social Networking is a concept. vBulletin already falls under the definition of basic Social Networking. It is an idea that will allow your users to express themselves more as individuals and create their own internal networks of friends and contacts on your site. How that is implemented better in vBulletin, you will just have to wait and see.
      I can think of many, many ways and I am sure the devs and users can too .

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by ---MAD---
        Just be patient till we hear more about it in the announcement forum or have a look at IPBs profile.
        I wanted to know just basically what it entails and now I know it just somrthing like ibp social network, but hopefully will not be badly laid out.

I was just asking what social networking means for internet MAD, if it was something like myface. I know now and since I already use my Blackberry for all my personel & business contacts... I can pretty much guest that this is not what I was thinking... Well now I know it may be the simular hack over at vBulletin.org.

Comment

• ---MAD---
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
          I wanted to know just basically what it entails and now I know it just somrthing like ibp social network, but hopefully will not be badly laid out.

I was just asking what social networking means for internet MAD, if it was something like myface. I know now and since I already use my Blackberry for all my personel & business contacts... I can pretty much guest that this is not what I was thinking... Well now I know it may be the simular hack over at vBulletin.org.
          Ah ok .

Comment

• John Thawley
            • Mar 2007
            • 3.6.x

Oh my.

I can't imagine any serious company releasing "screen shots" or "sneak peeks" of a product before it is ready. I amazed at the nasty tone displayed here.

And, I agree... if a piece of commercially available software is what is standing in the way of your board growing from 59 user to 159,000,000 users, it's a.) going to be one remarkable piece of software, or b.) it's time to quit posting your gripes on the VB forum and pony up with some venture capital to build your own.

Does this mean my site will attract 159,000,000 users too? I can't wait. Will Google by my site? Or... you know, I'll bet they'll just by this remarkable software and build their own. JERKS!!!! There goes my fortune.

Me? I'm happy to wait.

JT

Comment

• Freesteyelz
              • Jan 2006

The question about SN is a valid one. Because SN was announced that it will be a standard feature in the 3.7 vB release it is natural to want to know specifics about it. As a vB customer, I'm very much interested. I'm pretty sure the other vb addon SN competitors are too.

The concept of SN is quite broad. People will look at what has already been done (e.g., MySpace, Friendster, Zoints) for clues. If they are an indication of what's to come in vB's version giving a teaser here and there wouldn't hurt. At the very minimum, current and potential customers will have something concrete to look forward to. The end result of answering some of the curiosity will be positive.

I have no choice but to wait like the rest. Yet, I will not criticize those who want the scoop on a feature that has already been confirmed.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                • Jun 2005
                • 3.8.x

When it comes to social networking on a forum, its obvious where the software can improve by just looking at other boards. Things like improved profiles with commenting etc, viewing the latest blogs etc. Maybe even things when it comes to communication between members.

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                  • May 2003
                  • 3.6.x

All I like to know will these new addons be the plugin type (like the blog and tool software). The code isn't getting any shorter, and SN is an optional feature like a blog.
                  "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                  is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                  ~~~
                  Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• ---MAD---
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
                    All I like to know will these new addons be the plugin type (like the blog and tool software). The code isn't getting any shorter, and SN is an optional feature like a blog.
                    I believe it was said somewhere by a developer (can't find link atm) that there will be an on/off switch for it.

Comment

• Justin98TransAm
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 3.6.x

I agree I'd relly like to have some detials as well. as I'm planning on opening an new sight based on this software. It would be nice to know some details that way I know i'm not just waiting around for nothing, when I could have been running some other software and had the site up and going. I'm willing to wait on vBulletin's product however because I love the way it currently works and how easy it is to manage. But I surley wouldn't complain if the'd release some juicy tid-bits about features.

Comment

• seangworld
                        • Jan 2002
                        • 3.7.x

i hope it looks nothing like zoints as i think zoints is a huge, over-rated piece of crap.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Freesteyelz
                          • Jan 2006

User-defined styles and blocks (in Zoints) is not a bad concept. In fact, I think it will be quite popular for the members.

Comment

• Kier
                            Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
                            • Sep 2000

All will be revealed very soon.

Comment

• class101
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 3.6.x

sound interesting all this, btw if someone know, 3.7 is coming for this year 2007 or 2008 ?
                              security community

Comment

• ---MAD---
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by class101
                                sound interesting all this, btw if someone know, 3.7 is coming for this year 2007 or 2008 ?
                                My guess is this year is the beta/rc year. Stable will be out next year I would imagine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...