X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OneEyeSleepy
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

Can I have a refund?

I wish to apply for a refund after using vBulletin for 2 weeks. Is this applicable?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Possibly but not a full refund. Fill out a support ticket to request this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• OneEyeSleepy
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thank you.

Although I could face similar issue again in the future regarding personnels aptitude, at least it will be free and no personnels (which does not represent the product when is out of the boundry) to verify for, with other free forum software. Moreover, their website is very much cleaner and easier to navigate over time. I hope vBulletin would consider this comment as for now they are still leading with a lot of technical features.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

And which forum application would this be?
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Dilly
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OneEyeSleepy
          Thank you.

Although I could face similar issue again in the future regarding personnels aptitude, at least it will be free and no personnels (which does not represent the product when is out of the boundry) to verify for, with other free forum software. Moreover, their website is very much cleaner and easier to navigate over time. I hope vBulletin would consider this comment as for now they are still leading with a lot of technical features.
          "Yes Lisa. A magical forum software."

Comment

• OneEyeSleepy
            • Sep 2007
            • 3.6.x

I consider PHPbb as a highly creative, organized and a competitive community although not as advance as vBulletin, but they are leading in that aspects also because they are open source.

It's something vBulletin can learn and take advantage of as it will become the markets standard demand.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

I consider PHPbb as a highly creative, organized and a competitive community although not as advance as vBulletin, but they are leading in that aspects also because they are open source.

It's something vBulletin can learn and take advantage of as it will become the markets standard demand.
              While vBulletin is NOT open source, it is visual source. People are welcome to edit and build their own features and mod the software as they see fit. Quite a few even release their modifications over at www.vBulletin.org and other people use it.

Some of the features eventually do make it into vBulletin as a standard features. One feature that comes to mind is Quick Reply. It was originally conceived by Chen Avindav, and released over at vBulletin.org. Later on, it was introduced as part of the standard offering. From there it became an industry standard.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Mazinger
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.7.x

You've no idea what you're talking about. And you can't compare a free software made by some volunteers to a paid software made by a professional company and staff are paid.
                $post[signature]

Comment

• OneEyeSleepy
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 3.6.x

And expect the same treatment as though it was an open source software, no way!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

No one has mistreated you on the official support sites from what I can see, and after a couple of PMs you sent to me I told you we were taking care of this internally.

Regardless we are still waiting for your refund request.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• express
                      • Apr 2001
                      • 3.6.x

Do you even care about security? If you believe that phpbb2 is better then vb you might want to rethink this really!

As we host numerous vbulletins I can tell you that in the last 6 years we have never had a vbulletin get broken into. I can not say the same about phpbb2.
                      PHPBB2 has given my company and staff alot of sleepless nights. While it has gotten much better the crackers still come after it on a daily basis.

Go ahead and say you are sorry and get your vbulletin back, you will be happy you did.

Real Web Host

Comment

• jeffinj
                        • Apr 2006

I was a phpbb fan till I met vB. I am a supporter of open-source softwares but if you are really serious about a stable and secure forum, you should be considering vB. There none better out there. You get what you pay for or more.
                        www.christianforumsite.com
                        sigpic

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by jeffinj
                          I was a phpbb fan till I met vB. I am a supporter of open-source softwares but if you are really serious about a stable and secure forum, you should be considering vB. There none better out there. You get what you pay for or more.
                          While vBulletin is, among commercial products, quite good, MyBB, among open source bulletin board systems, is a competitor that offers an awful lot of good things (it's far better than phpBB, which I consider to be perfectly awful, actually).

Peace,
                          Gene

Comment

• Eagle Creek
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 3.6.x

myBB looks like, but when I take a loot at the screenshots it looks an exact copy of vbulletin with some functions from invisionboard... (ACP: http://www.mybboard.net/assets/scree...in_manager.png)
                            http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
                            The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Eagle Creek
                              myBB looks like, but when I take a loot at the screenshots it looks an exact copy of vbulletin with some functions from invisionboard... (ACP: http://www.mybboard.net/assets/scree...in_manager.png)
                              Ah, you noticed that.

Peace,
                              Gene

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...