X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OneEyeSleepy
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

Newbie experience in irc.vbulletin.org

I have been surfing the templates the entire night looking for something compatible and nice to use for our forum. Nevertheless, I bumped into their mIRC server and went into channel #vborg. After 2 mins of no responce, I went to channel #vbfans.

Frustrated with how their bad their forum layout is when trying to surf for a forum template in vbulletin.org, I throw them suggestions with a few comparison and criticism with regards to the new and improved PHPbb forum.

Soon after, a person with the nickname Floris (whom I later found out owned this mIRC vBulletin fan server) talked to me rudely saying that, making a suggestion is an issue, making sure they are implemented is another issue and paying for them is also another separate issue.

So what has that got to do with an unsatisfied customer whom has paid for a piece of forum software that cant perform better than expected, especially when compared to PHPbb forum? Before I could argue further, I was kicked and disconected from the server.

I logged myself back into #vborg and talked to a few person from there. Among them is fewyn whom identified him/herself as a personnel of vBulletin and also kicked me soon after a few lines of chat.

From the information above, I was told that the mIRC server is not an entity of vBulletin and I duly accept. I argued that any action taken by Floris could jeopardised the image of vBulletin. I was told that although I brought this matter to the forum of vBulletin.com, there is nothing vBulletin can do about someone whom is not representing them but is doing a good job tarnishing the product's image.

It would be preferable if someone from vBulletin of Floris him/herself could acquire a copy of that chat log dated 13th September, 2007 at around 1:00am to 2:30am GMT+8 time zone, in channel #vborg and channel #vbfans to get a clearer picture of what this is all about.

Thank you for spending some time reading this. I have already hated the vBulletin community. I will be removing the forum from our server because this goes directly against what we are trying to build here. I do not want to face this issue in the future while having to face another technical problem again. It's already stressful enough tweaking one.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3
  • Dan
    • Dec 2002

I don't work for Jelsoft and we repeatedly told you, you where angry and irate and cursed several times so I banned you and floris had already killed you once.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Please note that the official avenues to get support for vB are in these forums and through the official support system:

Sorry for your experience but those are not vB run options.

As for 'hating' the vB comminuity, this is your first post here and you have never filled out a support ticket. You should probably use the official options before jumping to too many conclusions.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• OneEyeSleepy
        • Sep 2007
        • 3.6.x

I apologise for the rude behaviour if deemed so but what I am even more not satisfied is Floris and how his actions affects vBulletin as a product which he may not have any adverse effect of his own behaviour.

More information about Floris and his principle of life;

Originally posted by Floris Jan Maurits Fiedeldij Dop
        I am unemployed as I am unfortunate to have albinism. Due to a few quirks that come with it I have daily headaches and shaky eyes which make it impossible for me to fully concentrate on text over a longer period of time. The time I can I am using to execute my hobby - forums. I am helping out the sales and support team over at Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (www.vBulletin.com) with providing (potential) customers with information.
        Link: http://www.virb.com/vbulletin

Edit: I over reacted by using the words 'hating the vb community'. I apologise again.
        Dan: I cursed after Floris kicked me, not during the debate with him. Please refer to chat log. Ask Floris himself.
        Last edited by OneEyeSleepy; Wed 12 Sep '07, 11:37am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Thanks. However it's not appropriate to start posting peoples personal info on our forums. I hope you understand and respect this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

The #vBFans channel is not an official channel. I am there as a user from my web site, not as a staff member. We told you, that we will guide you into the right direction but can't give support. You kept nagging about it so I simply told you I have no interest to keep talking about your complaining, and you continued. So I told you to **** off and killed your connection. It's my personal network, so I am free to decline or allow access to anybody that I want to. I have helped you, up to a point where discussing things with you were not an option anymore. Taking something that has nothing to do with this web site into this as site feedback to complain about me is just a little bit sad. If you want, I can post my logs too, showing where you claim vBulletin is arrogant for not implementing your suggestions that you pay for. Funny how you left that out. What happens in #vBorg is not related to me, it's related to vBulletin.org, again .. I see no reason why you connect that to this web site. I went out of my way to help you with detailed steps, and gave you instructions, and mentioned that vBulletin welcomes your suggestions. Your response was arrogant and uncalled for. The consequence is yours. Not mine. Sorry that your unofficial 'chat' experience was not to your liking. I am sure you will have a better service on the official forums, where we as official staff are here to help you with your questions and problems. You're free to post my personal information. What I disclose publicly you can refer to, I don't see how that helps though. The "customers" you bolded in your last post .. you forgot to highlight the word behind it: Information .. something I gave you. The info you were looking for.
            Last edited by Floris; Wed 12 Sep '07, 11:51am.

Comment

• OneEyeSleepy
              • Sep 2007
              • 3.6.x

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your time.

I do not see how he respects me by taking my criticism so personally, especially someone who wants for the better of vbulletin. Me as someone whom had already purchased vBulletin would also want the best of it.

I did not mean to post his personal information in this forum but merely to show how contradictory his action is when compared to what he typed for vbulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...