• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FreshFroot_
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ragtek
    they are caged in the cellar and have to finish the tools
    true, but how do you guys provide good support then? I mean, technically the devs are best to answer things, just because they code it all and know the ins/outs the best? I can understand though, coding.. then replying to support issues.. personal time etc..

Comment

• ---MAD---
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.8.x

Most support issues, anyone experianced with vBulletin can deal with so you don't need a developer to answer them.

If there is a major issue its unlikely its vBulletin's fault.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
        true, but how do you guys provide good support then? I mean, technically the devs are best to answer things, just because they code it all and know the ins/outs the best? I can understand though, coding.. then replying to support issues.. personal time etc..
        If we don't know the answer, we ask other support staff. If still not known, the question is forwarded to a developer who knows the answer. We have multiple tools at our disposal for this in the ticket system as well as in the forums. I would hazard to say that 80% of all issues are documented with fixes either in staff documentation (an internal wiki), vBulletin's documentation or our own personal notes.

I personally have a Microsoft Onenote workbook for vBulletin with many problems and solutions saved. I add to it every day for future reference. Other staff members have their own note keeping methods. We try to share what we can with each other.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Removed-836727
          Banned by User Request
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          If we don't know the answer, we ask other support staff. If still not known, the question is forwarded to a developer who knows the answer. We have multiple tools at our disposal for this in the ticket system as well as in the forums. I would hazard to say that 80% of all issues are documented with fixes either in staff documentation (an internal wiki), vBulletin's documentation or our own personal notes.

I personally have a Microsoft Onenote workbook for vBulletin with many problems and solutions saved. I add to it every day for future reference. Other staff members have their own note keeping methods. We try to share what we can with each other.
          it would be nice if the wiki could be readable for users*g*

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

It holds confidential information and information that's not supposed to be read by the public. The wiki will not be made public.

Comment

• Removed-836727
              Banned by User Request
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Floris
              It holds confidential information and information that's not supposed to be read by the public. The wiki will not be made public.
              ok
              thx 4 info

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...