Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FreshFroot_
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.8.x

well I moved one of my sites and it hangs a lot with quick reply. I'm not sure why, but it does it a lot.

Comment

• AVC
      Banned
      • Mar 2006
      • 3.5.x

Did you disable the module ?

Comment

• forrie
        • Oct 2006
        • 3.6.x

sorry to pull an old thread up from the grave

i have been having this problem on my site for an while now. the quick edit screen hangs there after a user clicks the submit button, and requires the user to manualy reload the page to submit the data from that from/load the ajax info.

i'm running 3.6.8
        site laventrix.com

at first i thought it was just me flogging my connection so hence getting slow transfer speeds with the server ( 512K )
        after ellimated this as an possibly i reloaded all non-image files, and has had no effect on the bug.

this is happing on nearly all posts that are made using quick edit

cheers forrie

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

forrie, you should try creating a new style by Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style] -> Parent Style: [No Parent Style] and turn off all plugins/products. You already did the reup of files and you should continue this conversation in troubleshooting support forums for 3.6.x after.

To remove any hacks and disable your plugins, follow these simple steps to get your issue resolved.

If at this point you are still receiving same error(s).

If this the case, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php, config.php.new, config.php, upgrade.php). Use ASCII format mode when using FTP client to overwrite files on server side.

Admin CP > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions
          This checks all vBulletin files used for this installation and attempts to determine which files, if any, were created for an older version. If any files are found, you should re-upload that file with the current version. If you can not find the file in the your version’s download, you may simply delete the suspect file from your server.

This system will also check for any files that have been modified since they were downloaded as part of the vBulletin package, will alert you to any missing files and will inform you of any files that are not a standard part of vBulletin.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you still receiving same error(s), if not then add back in one product/plugin at a time, then run test on each one you install, making sure you refresh browser and empty browser cache, close all browsing windows then try it again.

Note: { this is last resort, as it is very time consuming }
          If error occurs while after installing and running product/plugin, disable and remove all products/plugins and install last product first, then the ones proceded by the last one. This will tell you which product/plugin in conflicting or creating error.

Comment

• Thalamus
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.6.x

Check, double check and re-check your .htaccess file (the main one in your forum root) - another way to see if this is a problem, is to see if you can create a new RSS feed (for some reason, if the .htaccess file is messed up, this generates a 404 and 403). Save off your .htaccess, then test it with a blank one. If it works properly, add in the sections one by one until you come to the offending section.

Comment

• forrie
              • Oct 2006
              • 3.6.x

cool cheers for the direction guys will look in to it over the weekend.

Comment

• AVC
                Banned
                • Mar 2006
                • 3.5.x

Why not just shut the module off as I have on all my forums ??

I have not had any problems since then with editing or making posts, sometimes more features cause more problems, I think this one was introduced too soon or it was not tested properly before release.

Maybe it needs to be coded in a way that does not conflict with browsers or it just needs to be done away with unless it is developed and tested to be fool proof.

Not all of us out here running forums on vB are programmers that can troubleshoot or change templates with ease.

I don't want to have to pay a coder every time I find a flaw, I need vBulletin to improve their code and add needed features to the script when we point out flaws or need new features.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Dec 2000

The switch to YUI should correctly handle this.

People say they experience errors but none of the developers have personally been able to reproduce it, without being able to reproduce it we can't fix it.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• AVC
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 3.5.x

What is YUI and how does this correct the problem ??

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Yahoo User Interface

Measure, monetize, advertise and improve your apps with Yahoo tools. Join the 200,000 developers using Yahoo tools to build their app businesses.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• AVC
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 3.5.x

So vBulletin is switching to this programming in the future or will incorporate it into future scripts

Comment

• Removed-836727
                          Banned by User Request
                          • Apr 2006

They are switching /have switched( http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243088 )

but we will know exactly when 3.7 come out and we see the code/read the announcement

Comment

• ---MAD---
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ragtek
                            They are switching /have switched( http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243088 )

but we will know exactly when 3.7 come out and we see the code/read the announcement
                            Beta is coming very soon judging on kier's post .

Comment

• AVC
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 3.5.x

I hope so, because I have been holding out paying my tech man to update these last two patch updates.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by AVC
                                So vBulletin is switching to this programming in the future or will incorporate it into future scripts
                                Portions of YUI is already being used though it is more noticeable in the Project Tools and Blog addons. Newer versions of vBulletin will include more functionality from it.
                                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...