X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FreshFroot_
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.8.x

Featured Forums

Is it just me.. or do not ALL forums show up for the features forums?

I usually see the same 40-50 forums ALL the time.. I've never seen a new or different forum. It's always the same names here and there. Does the vb staff even go through them?
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Yes, these are staff-selected forums.
    Last edited by Colin F; Sat 4 Aug '07, 6:01am.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

so what's the point of showing the same few forums always? unless your getting paid or something? I thought you'd have some equality for all members, who submit their site.

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

Most people don't surf on vB.com often enough to notice that they repeat themself, so it's not an issue.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

where is the featured forums anyway?

Comment

• Mazinger
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Colin F
            Yes, these staff-selected forums.
            Or staff forums.
            $post[signature]

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
              so what's the point of showing the same few forums always? unless your getting paid or something? I thought you'd have some equality for all members, who submit their site.
              To "promote" the sites they choose only

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

It's true that it is subjective, and to my knowledge not a single staff members has used this to 'promote' a specific forum or forums as alleged.

The purpose is to show a sample of sites that show-off vB in unique and hopefully the best ways. While I understand these comments, the only thing that would make everyone happy is to either remove this, or make all forums 'featured'. At this time we are not considering either option.

I also just realized that my forum was still on the 'featured' list and have removed it. It was only put there for testing when we first added that function and honestly I forgot all about it.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Mazinger
                  Or staff forums.
                  He does not mean private forums that only staff have access to, he meant forums from customers, selected only by staff members.

Comment

• Mazinger
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Floris
                    He does not mean private forums that only staff have access to, he meant forums from customers, selected only by staff members.
                    I meant staff forums (running by vb staff members), not private forums.
                    $post[signature]

Comment

• Asvin
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mazinger
                      I meant staff forums (running by vb staff members), not private forums.
                      That is not true... They are hand picked forums that are huge and active, and that uses vbulletin in a professional and good way. NO OFFENSE TO OTHER VBULLETIN MEMBERS... The vbulletin staff doesn't get paid for that..
                      Last edited by Asvin; Sat 4 Aug '07, 2:49pm.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Colin F
                        Most people don't surf on vB.com often enough to notice that they repeat themself, so it's not an issue.
                        most? that depends.. I'd say most active members might notice.

Originally posted by MRGTB
                        where is the featured forums anyway?
                        on the main page on the left hand side..

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        It's true that it is subjective, and to my knowledge not a single staff members has used this to 'promote' a specific forum or forums as alleged.

The purpose is to show a sample of sites that show-off vB in unique and hopefully the best ways. While I understand these comments, the only thing that would make everyone happy is to either remove this, or make all forums 'featured'. At this time we are not considering either option.

I also just realized that my forum was still on the 'featured' list and have removed it. It was only put there for testing when we first added that function and honestly I forgot all about it.
                        True, but why have a section for it on the members area? Why don't you just say: "these are the featured forums we will show" I don't see anything, anywhere stating that features forums will be hand picked.

Originally posted by Asvin
                        That is not true... They are hand picked forums that are huge and active, and that uses vbulletin in a porfessional and good way. NO OFFENSE TO OTHER VBULLETIN MEMBERS... The vbulletin staff doesn't get paid for that..
                        then why have an area for features forums? Why have the option in the members area for it?

Comment

• Asvin
                          • Jul 2007

I haven't seen that yet.. Well, if that was the issue, then I was wrong..

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
                            then why have an area for features forums? Why have the option in the members area for it?
                            What option do you mean? I don't see any 'featured forums' option in the Members Area. The only option I see is:

Display in online links system: Yes/No
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              What option do you mean? I don't see any 'featured forums' option in the Members Area. The only option I see is:

Display in online links system: Yes/No
                              I suppose the featured forum is an assigned number of forums, however underneath there is a link for the links.php.. Now I assumed, you "randomly" picked forums out of the links and they're placed as a featured forum. I guess you guys don't do it that way..

Also, it seems like no one updates the links area, since my links have never been posted for months.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...