X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteppenWolf
    • Apr 2001

To the vBulletin team !

Hi all,

I'm the french manager of vBulletin-france...

I've discuted with James about our french style translation, but he suddenly stopped answering me...
    Why ?

We have decided to distribute these pack only in the vBulletin members's area for help you against piracy....

Yous were agree, but now, 3 weeks has passed... and our members are very angry because they still can't dowload the pack.

I want James or another Jelsoft member to reply quickly to this thread to inform me about our position for you...

if you didn't answer this thread, we'll be in obligation to break the little links wich are joining us, and we'll distribute our translation for free.
    This solution isn't compatible with piracy fighting...

Thank you to read me,
    i'm waiting for your answer...

ps : my mail is [email protected]...
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

James will respond to you in due time as we do many things and as such translation isn't the #1 priority. Posting copyrighted work would be a #1 priority though and James would surely respond to you in a quicker manner. Your threats do not make you appear to be very professional.

Comment

• Juan
      • Apr 2001

"as such translation isn't the #1 priority"

"Your threats do not make you appear to be very professional."

I'm sorry, but shouldn't your customers be your No 1 priority? There are many people that want this translation.

This person has gone through a great deal of trouble and work to translate your software for FREE. Yes, the one that you make a living out of. The least you can do is show a little respect.

He is trying to help you give a service to YOUR customers and you come with a remarks like that? He is even looking out for your welfare by not releasing it in the open.

If anyone shows any unprofessional behaviour here, it is the representatives of Jelsoft. I hope I never need any real support from you guys, so far it leaves a lot to be desired.

The other translations were not official and came of straight away without making out such a big deal out of things.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • May 2000
        • 1.1.x

I am sorry if you feel that way and if you were in need of a translation than I could see your pain. The point is that a person who uses the threat of blackmail is not conducting their business in a way that I can respect.

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Juan
          The other translations were not official and came of straight away without making out such a big deal out of things.
          The other translations were not official nor where they available in the members' area as this one would be.

Comment

• SteppenWolf
            • Apr 2001

Originally posted by freddie
            Your threats do not make you appear to be very professional.
            I hope you are laughting !

I didn't receive any mail since more than 3 weeks !!
            is it professional ?

Can't he take 2 seconds to write a mùail and say "I'm so busy, i'm not interested in this transaltion at the moment, contact me next month.."

The problem is that James has fully stopped any communication...
            My members think Jelsoft is laughting about me, and i now can think it too.

I just want you to tell me if jelsoft is still interested in our work...

Because your replies didn't answer any of my questions...

I'm sorry if i seems to be agressive, but just imagine the feelings of my members who are waiting for Jelsoft act sinc a month....

Comment

• JamesUS
              • Aug 2000

As far as I'm aware Jelsoft is still interested in your translation, and we are sorry for the delays experienced.
              But as I'm sure you're aware James is extremely busy at the moment. He will get to your mails as soon as possible.

Please remember I am not speaking on behalf of Jelsoft/vB here - for any certain information you'll have to speak to John or James.
              Last edited by JamesUS; Wed 25 Jul '01, 3:33am.

Comment

• SteppenWolf
                • Apr 2001

Ok, thank you for the note...

That was just i was waiting ...

Comment

• dubucm
                  • Mar 2001

Originally posted by freddie
                  James will respond to you in due time as we do many things and as such translation isn't the #1 priority. Posting copyrighted work would be a #1 priority though and James would surely respond to you in a quicker manner. Your threats do not make you appear to be very professional.
                  Hi Freddie ... first of all ... i think you'd better think a bit before posting something like this...

we do this work for free... and want to promote vBulletin licensing by making the translation avalaible only in the member area...

is there any proud for us being a traductor ? NO NO & NO !!!

But talking to us like you do is a shame !!! every day we receive 10's of mails ... ICQ messages .... and we pass for dummies to our visitors... they say ' 1 month you say it s ready and it isn t available you re just liers...' ...

if you think it s cool for us i say no !

So if the vBulletin Team as no attention for his customers and people who want to Help vB to develop you would have better say it before making us waiting for a month now....

I know you are busy... all of us are busy ..... but all of us know that puting a file in a .HTM page is not really the harder work you've ever done.... the Graphik Kit have been available in 2 Hours ........

I think you just have no respect of us.... and for the work we've done....

Comment

• George L
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • May 2000
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dubucm

Hi Freddie ... first of all ... i think you'd better think a bit before posting something like this...

we do this work for free... and want to promote vBulletin licensing by making the translation avalaible only in the member area...

is there any proud for us being a traductor ? NO NO & NO !!!

But talking to us like you do is a shame !!! every day we receive 10's of mails ... ICQ messages .... and we pass for dummies to our visitors... they say ' 1 month you say it s ready and it isn t available you re just liers...' ...

if you think it s cool for us i say no !

So if the vBulletin Team as no attention for his customers and people who want to Help vB to develop you would have better say it before making us waiting for a month now....

I know you are busy... all of us are busy ..... but all of us know that puting a file in a .HTM page is not really the harder work you've ever done.... the Graphik Kit have been available in 2 Hours ........

I think you just have no respect of us.... and for the work we've done....
                    this is my personal view on this.

vB has development priorities just like i do for my web site projects. Everything in this project has necessary building blocks so you can't move forward in one area until certain things have been completed i.e. you can't start promoting and paying for advertising on a web site until you have built the content.

vB has priorities probably getting 2.0.2 into a public release, in conjunction with finishing those import scripts listed in a poll in one thread on this forum and probably other stuff i'm not aware of.

i do personally believe jelsoft are interested in working with you for a translation but there's no point making it priority as with anyother translations be it German etc, when 2.0.2 or future releases/additions and forum import scripts change or affect the changes in the translation? Or course you could help in that suitation but you'd have to be privy to private and confidential developments at Jelsoft and not sure if that's what they want either?

Not sure but i assume anything coming out of the paying Members Area must be backed with support by Jelsoft Team and i don't think anyone on the Jelsoft team speaks french?

Just give them time to response when they're ready to do so. As to the way you conduct yourself in making such a request/thread it ain't going to get you anywhere. Remaining calm, patient and understanding will

of course this is all my own personal opinion
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• dubucm
                      • Mar 2001

"Just give them time to response when they're ready to do so. As to the way you conduct yourself in making such a request/thread it ain't going to get you anywhere. Remaining calm, patient and understanding will " ....

1 month ... renaud has send Many mails... 1 FAX to JelSoft .... etc....

If JelSoft don't want to see this translation in the member area they just had to tell it ! ( but James seemed to be interested a month ago... ).

In fact, we have no proud to do traduction of vB .... we do not work has traductors.....

Our goal at the beginning was to provide it in the member area to fight against piracy .... ( with other languages traduction ) and with a No Support Mention........

So there is no problem we will release our work on the vbulletin-france website....

But now any warez board or other will have the access to this traduction .... as German traduction etc....

Keep Up the Good work..........

Comment

• JamesUS
                        • Aug 2000

So there is no problem we will release our work on the vbulletin-france website....
                        Do you mean you will release a vbulletin.style file containing the new templates or the vB source code as well?

If you are going to release the source code then that just proves your lack of professionalism.

Comment

• SteppenWolf
                          • Apr 2001

We 'll release our style files, and probably new hacks wich we would'nt release before as as a french CP....

Comment

• JamesUS
                            • Aug 2000

I can't see a problem with you posting the style file (though I still recommend waiting for James to come back to you), but it certainly isn't a good idea to publish any php files at all. If you do then you will be breaking the vB License Agreement...just keep that in mind.

Comment

• SteppenWolf
                              • Apr 2001

Distributing some .php files break the vB license, but made a .txt files, wich show the code of a php files and says what changes is a HACK...

Think about that...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...