Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    The problem has been fixed.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    You'd need to provide us with the images so we can test, we did upgrade ImagMagick late last week but i haven't been able to reproduce it.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I've pointed this out in the office earlier this week.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazinger
    I still can confirm this. I tried to upload an image of small size & dimensions, but that said "Uploading failed"
    Well... I can re-confirm this also!

I just wanted to attach some new attachments and they (.png files) had the allowed width and height and filesize. I get the same 'Upload of file failed' message. Something is indeed wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    I still can confirm this. I tried to upload an image of small size & dimensions, but that said "Uploading failed"

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Advice.

I am very sorry, but I overlooked something. Everything is fine.... Please consider this report of mine not send.

I thought something was wrong, because of the fact that it said 'failed' and I read the same problem just a few minutes before in the posting of MRGTB. In my rush I did not realize that the height of my pictures was just above the 768-limit.

But in the end it's a good thing this happened. Because I have one advice for the developers : when I try to upload a picture that has a bigger width/height then allowed, vBulletin says this : 'Upload of file failed'.

That is all.

I don't know if it's technically possible, but if it is, then why don't you guys/girls provide the user with a more USER-friendly message?

'Upload of file failed : the height of your attachment is above the max. height set for this attachment' or even better maybe : 'the height of your attachment is above 768'.

Something like that. 'Upload of file failed' doesn't say much, does it? A user needs to know WHY.
    Last edited by Grover; Fri 13 Jul '07, 5:31am.

Leave a comment:

• Uploading attachements not possible anymore on this site

Kerry-Anne asked to post our problems here, so there they are:

Originally posted by MRGTB
    EDIT: There is something wrong with attachments here, I cannot upload an attachment, it says it failed. I have tried both GIF and JPeg, And there well within the size limits. One is 16KB the other is 32KB, 100KB is allowed, so they should not be failing. The image is only 239X330 pixels
    Originally posted by Grover
    Indeed, I can confirmthis. (it says it failed like MRGTB points out with no explanation WHY it failed) I can't attach images to my postings on vbulletin.com/forum anymore.
    Last edited by Grover; Fri 13 Jul '07, 5:20am.