X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SGohar
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

Very Dissapointed! - Unsatisfactory Customer Service

Right now, I'm really dissapointed with vBulletin's customer service. I purchased an own vBulletin license in August 2006. I purchased it for the domain name (http://incentivesforum.com). I didn't ever get time to start up my forum, so almost a year later, I sold my vBulletin license to another vBulletin member. Now I have to transfer my license to the new owner... but vBulletin is NOT letting me do this. Why? Because I don't remember my security password that I used in AUGUST 2006! Will they let me reset it? NO!

I gave them all the proof they needed.

I provided my Name, Address, Telephone, and the ORDER RECEIPT that I got in my e-mail with all the headers. I gave them my customer login and password. I just sent them a copy of my PAYPAL invoice also.

But they still will NOT LET me transfer my vBulletin because I forgot my security password.

vBulletin will loose my support if they don't let me transfer, even when I have all the proof. Right now I'm loosing my patience with customer service because of a security password that I don't remember. It's impossible for someone to hack into my GMAIL account that I signed up with!! It's impossible to hack into my PayPal account also!!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Could I have the ticket number so I can take a look into this?

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

You say it's impossible to hack your gmail and paypal accounts. Unfortunately we constantly receive fraudulent requests where this is actually the case, and people are trying to take over others' accounts. Accordingly we take security very seriously, to protect our customers.

In addition, the security questions are all questions that you shouldn't forget. Things like the make of your first car or your mothers maiden name. Accordingly, we feel it's not too much to expect legitimate customers to know the answer.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
        • Jul 2005
        • 3.8.x

hmm interesting to know.. Is there anyway to update the latest information of our accounts? I bought my 1st licence off someone a LONG time ago.. and vB never asked me to enter my own information for the account. The only time I was asked for information was when I bought any licences afterwards... and as far as I know.. I was never asked a security question, nor had to provide one.. unless the previous owners security question is still placed up??

Anyway I can check? I don't want to be stuck in an issue like the thread creator.

Comment

• Colin F
          • May 2004

If someone transferred a license to you then they would have needed to provide your details, and you would have set a security question the first time you logged into the account.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Yves R.
            vBulletin QA
            • Nov 2003
            • 5.6.X

So, for licences purchased very old time don't have this security question.

Since when this system is setup? If you can tell us this information, we can know if we have a security question if we don't remember (like me)

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• Fusion
              • Aug 2001
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc

Since when this system is setup? If you can tell us this information, we can know if we have a security question if we don't remember (like me)
              For old licenses, you get asked to add the security question when you access your member area.
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Andy Huang
                • Feb 2004

When logging in, the system automatically asks you to select a security question and provide an answer for it if you don't have one entered. This applies to all licenses new or old.

If you purchased second hand license and did not follow through standard procedures of transfering, you may be stuck with the previous person's security answer and client information; at which point, we really cannot help you as we cannot verify you being owner of your license even though you did purchase it from the previous owner.

If you are unsure of your security question, please feel free to submit a ticket asking us what it is, and we can let you know your question. If required, after some validations, we can also blank it out for you so you can update it next time you login.
                Best Regards,
                Andy Huang

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Everyone who has downloaded vbulletin from the member's area here in the last two years has a security question and answer. You can't use the member's area without entering one in if the field is empty.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• titchpitch
                    • Sep 2006

I am the person waiting for the license. Please sort it out, its been a week in hastle on both mine and the sellers part.

I opened a support ticket a fewa day ago with steve machol replying. He said that i could not give enough information to help.

i really need this asap because im going on holiday in 6days and it needs to be up and running. i have a lot of members waiting.

TiTcH
                    http://lostsos.com - For all your lost related needs

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Its in the third partys hands, not ours.

Comment

• MRGTB
                        • May 2005

Well I don't think I have ever been asked a security question when I log into my members section, unless you mean the password it asks for

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by MRGTB
                          Well I don't think I have ever been asked a security question when I log into my members section, unless you mean the password it asks for
                          This is asked the very first time someone logs into the Members Area and that's the only time. It's supposed to be a 'security question' to verify ownership - not a password.

In fact, there is a very clear message about this when you are asked to chose the security question and answer:

Please select a question and answer that other people would not be able to easily guess and you can easily remember.

NOTE: Once you enter a question, it will not be editable or viewable via the members' area! Also be very careful choosing the correct question and answer. Answering this with nonsense or something you will not remember may result in you not being able to prove your ownership of this account in cases of disputes and lost info.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by MRGTB

You probably do not remember then, your account shows no history of name/email changes that indicate someone else had the account first and didn't properly transfer it over to you. And there's a security q/a set for your account, and the answer looks specific and personal, not generic or random.

Comment

• MRGTB
                              • May 2005

Eh! I didn't get this account I own transfered over to me. I bought it with this account using my credit card.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...