Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atemu_1111
    • Jul 2007

My theory...

- Okay, as it states in the Terms of Service, you may only be running one web site with vBulletin with one lisence.
    - You may not lease, rent, hire, vBulletin.

Okay, my theory is this;

If you have one lisence, can you have two or more sets of vBuilletin on one web site for an example:

/ is the starting point, but. If I make a dictonary, example user1, user2, user3, etc. and I upload vBulletin on all of them dictonary, would that be counted as two web sites with vBulletin, if not, may they buy domain names to redirect to their vBulletin, for an example, if I did this it'll be like this: www.example/user1/forums or something like that, if it then counts as vBuletin running on two web sites if they buy a domain name to redirect to that link, would it count if I bought a domain name to redirect to a forumer forum with paid vBulletin?

- You may not rent, lease, hire any types of vBulletin

Well, if this is possible I'll give this out for free. Simply because I'd put advertisements on the forum, so is this possible or not or will it be breaking the vBulletin terms of service? etc.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

The license is not on a per domain basis. It is on a per instance basis.

If you run 5 boards, you need 5 licenses.

If you install it 5 times, to get 5 instances, .. you need 5 licenses.

Despite the above url being one domain, those would be 3 boards, so therefor three different instances, and will require three licenses.

Comment

• darkakira
      • May 2007
      • 3.6.x

It is illegal for you to redistribute vbulletin to others. Even if you are "giving it for free".

vBulletin is copyrighted and owned by Jelsoft, and only they have the authority to redistribute it.

It is the same thing as pirating applications or movies on the internet. No matter what, its illegal.

Comment

• ---MAD---
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Atemu_1111

Well, if this is possible I'll give this out for free. Simply because I'd put advertisements on the forum, so is this possible or not or will it be breaking the vBulletin terms of service? etc.
        If you give it out for free, it will be used on more than one website so you are breaking the terms and conditions . I guess you could give it away to 1 person but then you cannot use it until its taken off from that website.

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

Originally posted by Atemu_1111
          - Okay, as it states in the Terms of Service, you may only be running one web site with vBulletin with one lisence.
          - You may not lease, rent, hire, vBulletin.

Okay, my theory is this;

If you have one lisence, can you have two or more sets of vBuilletin on one web site for an example:

/ is the starting point, but. If I make a dictonary, example user1, user2, user3, etc. and I upload vBulletin on all of them dictonary, would that be counted as two web sites with vBulletin, if not, may they buy domain names to redirect to their vBulletin, for an example, if I did this it'll be like this: www.example/user1/forums or something like that, if it then counts as vBuletin running on two web sites if they buy a domain name to redirect to that link, would it count if I bought a domain name to redirect to a forumer forum with paid vBulletin?

Mmmmmmm, what your after doing there sounds very familiar to a hack that was banned by vBulletin, that basically did the same thing. But it was banned because it meant people were basically getting a free vBulletin board

Comment

• DelphiVillage
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

yeah i remember that hack it whas something like "phpbb multihost" which allowed people to create a forum.That is also possible with vBulletin but the licence agreement clearly states

Modifications to the vBulletin code or database to omit the one licence one board rule is probited

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...