X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ohiosweetheart
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

A Link to vB.com Forum Rules?

I've been searching for a link to this site's posting rules and have yet to find one. Can someone lead me in the right direction?

I've looked through each forum, used the site's search feature, and checked the home page - no luck.

I ask because I came upon a thread here while doing a google search, and seeing that it was still open for posting, I posted, even tho it was a couple of years old. I posted info that might be beneficial to the members here.

I received a warning for "inappropriate content" and was asked to not bump old threads. That wasn't my intent, and since the thread was still open, I posted. I didn't know I shouldn't/couldn't.

Anyway - is there a link to forum rules for this site?
    Thanks for your help.
    Peggy
    ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!
  • Mazinger
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

Sticky: vBulletin forum rules in vBulletin Announcements.
    $post[signature]

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

The forum rules are here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42918
      They are stickied in the announcement forum.

It's generally accepted that threads without activity for a year or so are resolved, even if they're not closed.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Colin F
        The forum rules are here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42918
        They are stickied in the announcement forum.

It's generally accepted that threads without activity for a year or so are resolved, even if they're not closed.
        I can understand that Colin. However, on the forums that I post on, as well as my own forums, bumping an old thread is welcome IF the post is useful to the forum members.

That's why I was greatly surprised to not only receive a warning, but the post was deleted as well.

Thank you for the link.
        Peggy
        ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Mazinger
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.7.x

Because this is a commercial community before everything. It's not supposed to be on the feet of your forum rules.
          $post[signature]

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
            • Dec 2005
            • 3.8.x

Mazinger, I know what kind of forum this is... I've been a member for almost 2 years. I'm not sure what the rest of your comment was supposed to mean.

At any rate, I read the forum rules, and found nothing about not posting in old threads. So I feel that the warning was a bit on the harsh side, especially since my post was beneficial to members here.

Ah well...
            Last edited by Ohiosweetheart; Tue 5 Jun '07, 9:16am.
            Peggy
            ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• simsim
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.6.x

It's a gray area where common sense should be applied because in many cases bumping very old threads leads to confusion as responders expect the thread starter to reply back but he/she doesn't.

That being said, I'm with you it's a bit harsh to receive a warning to do so, especially if it's the first time. Usually an admin or a moderator replies with something along "Please don't bump threads that are x years old.", and immediately closes it so it sinks in the deep oceans.

Maybe it was a hard day for someone!
              You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.8.x

Thanks simsim.

My intention wasn't to bump the thread, but to add useful info. Guess I'd better watch my step around here
                Peggy
                ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...