X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FreshFroot_
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.8.x

who's licenced

I'm not sure if this was brought up before ever. I'm wondering why licenced members wouldn't be allowed to see who "is" licenced on the forum? I mean, I've helped a few people out, however.. how would I know their licenced. I could be helping a pirater and not even know about it, thinking it's a nice licenced user.
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

Licensed users can post in the customer services forums (IE: How-do-I's and similar). So just ask them to post their questions there, and then you can help away.

Remeber: never provide support via PM, never provide support via Email, always direct them to the correct customer forums, and pirated users will not be able to get support
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

Thanks Andy. Yeah I have told most users about it, especially since a lot of them post in the presales forum.

BTW your from Vancouver also Finally someone from the same hometown!

Comment

• Andy Huang
        • Feb 2004

If I recall correctly dev for ImpEx is also local
        We should start a Vancouver based vB usergroup thing :P
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
          Thanks Andy. Yeah I have told most users about it, especially since a lot of them post in the presales forum.

BTW your from Vancouver also Finally someone from the same hometown!
          The chit chat forums, announcement forums and the pre-sales forums are not meant to be used for support. Users who ask support in there can be forwarded to the support forums. Customers are free to help other customers in the support forums if they know for sure they know the answer.

I always recommend those who wish to help on vbcom here to always double check on their own forum to see if their answer is accurate. This way false replies are kept to a minimum.

For privacy reasons Jelsoft decided to not disclose on their forums who are members or not. Users who post in the support forums obviously give that away, but that's their choice at that points

Comment

• AVC
            Banned
            • Mar 2006
            • 3.5.x

Your request makes no sense to me at all.

Why should you know who holds license rights or how many licenses they own ?

Would Wal-Mart tell you how many gallons of milk I purchased from them and what my name was?

Part of your request makes sense in a way, it seems you do not want to waste time giving free help to someone who may be using unauthorized software, so on second thought you may have a point.

Comment

• Andy Huang
              • Feb 2004

No, but I can certainly walk around Wal-Mart parking lot to see whether or not you're holding one of them Wal-Mart plastic bags to know whether or not you're a Wal-Mart shopper. Although the feedback was not adopted, it certainly does have its merits.
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

• AVC
                Banned
                • Mar 2006
                • 3.5.x

I think as I said you make a good point, so you do not waste your valuable time, I added the last line after thinking about it more.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by AVC
                  Your request makes no sense to me at all.

Why should you know who holds license rights or how many licenses they own ?

Would Wal-Mart tell you how many gallons of milk I purchased from them and what my name was?

Part of your request makes sense in a way, it seems you do not want to waste time giving free help to someone who may be using unauthorized software, so on second thought you may have a point.
                  Yes.. why would I want to help someone who illegally used the companies product? Also, I never said we should be allowed to SEE how many licence's they've bought.

Then again, the dev team is correct in that users should post in the support area for support and not in the presales etc.. Just seems like everyday there are TONS posting in the open area's for support.

Comment

• AVC
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 3.5.x

There is nothing wrong with presenting new ideas, I'm sure management is thankful you did, I know I would be, and no one is mad at you guys!

Comment

• masood_y
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 3.6.x

how can buy a licence for server?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by masood_y
                        how can buy a licence for server?

You can ask if multiple licence for server in this link

You can purchase single user licence in this link.

you can ask more question before purchase here or sales.
                        Do you have a question you are dying to ask an existing vBulletin user about vBulletin and what you can do with it? Want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place!

Comment

• RattleSnake
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
                          I'm not sure if this was brought up before ever. I'm wondering why licenced members wouldn't be allowed to see who "is" licenced on the forum? I mean, I've helped a few people out, however.. how would I know their licenced. I could be helping a pirater and not even know about it, thinking it's a nice licenced user.

I lol'd!

But if they are posting in the vB 3.6, 3.5 or 2.x seires forums, you can be sure they are licensed!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...