Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fastforward
    • Nov 2000

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Are you sure its not because you're missing a font package or something? I see the proper characters in Firefox under Windows XP.
    That sounds more likely cause. It may also explain why it's only apparent on OS X. Perhaps one of the common web fonts installed with OS X has subtle differences from the Windows version. I don't see the problem when using Verdana, so maybe it's one of the less common ones such as Georgia or Trebuchet?
    http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

• koolkat007
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by fastforward
      Well given that others see the problem with non-Chinese characters, using your logic, it has nothing to with the width of Chinese characters either.
      I meant to say there might be a problem with Firefox determining the width of certain multi-byte characters, not necessarily Chinese. Note that all non-ASCII characters are multi-byte in UTF-8.

Comment

• koolkat007
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Are you sure its not because you're missing a font package or something? I see the proper characters in Firefox under Windows XP.
        The characters are displayed, but not properly, most likely because Firefox is not calculating the widths properly.
        I have a PowerBook G4 and a MacBook Pro and they both have the same problem with Firefox, and only with Firefox. So I don't think it's a problem with font packages.

Comment

• tyciol
          • Apr 2007

I wonder if problems like this should be fixed by the browser-maker (Mozilla) or by the bulletin-maker, it gets controversial right?

If it was fixed by the browser then there'd be a compatability development delay until a new LoliFox came out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...