X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sensimilla
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

vbulletin ads

I am courious why vbulletin.com don't use any kind of ads.
    Dont you think that even with google adsense with 1000s of visitors every second you are loosing potential income ?
    Is it your policy ?

I like it as it is of course but I am just courious.
    StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
    Join Tattoo Group Now
  • simsim
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.6.x

It would harm their image as a professional business. Other than that, which is very important to every serious business, they certainly wouldn't mind extra sources of income.
    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Andy Huang
      • Feb 2004

Do you see Microsoft running MS Publisher Network ads on their main microsoft.com? It's probably not ran for the same reason Business fronts don't usually run ads unless it is within their outlined business plan, and or part of their service. Yes, it is a potential source of income, but it is no where near the value of their corporate image.
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

• poolking
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by simsim
        It would harm their image as a professional business. Other than that, which is very important to every serious business, they certainly wouldn't mind extra sources of income.
        Professional business do use ads, it would just appear that jelsoft prefer not to.

Comment

• Mazinger
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.7.x

I don't think I'll be happy to see ads in these forums, and I doubt Jelsoft will put Ads here (even if Google ads), since jelosft always discourage advertising here.
          $post[signature]

Comment

• antotony
            • Dec 2006
            • 3.6.x

vbulletin makes a lot of money by selling licenses. they don't need to go cheap and put ads. also, the ads are annoying and it will make them lose customers...i guess...

Comment

• WurkAnimal
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.5.x

I've seen some adverts around the internet advertising vBulletin, of course they advertise, every biz does.

Comment

• simsim
                • Nov 2005
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by NashTax
                I've seen some adverts around the internet advertising vBulletin, of course they advertise, every biz does.
                We weren't talking about Jelsoft advertising on other sites; we were talking about other sites advertising on Jelsoft's site(s).

Jelsoft has their own affiliate program that many business are subscribed to.
                You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...