Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corgimom
    • Apr 2007

Member question

Okay... as a member on a vBulletin (non-moderator or admin.. just a member). Do I have a way of deleting my personal account on a forum? The reason I ask is because I used to belong to a forum... didn't like how things were working so I quietly deleted my posts and just stopped coming. Only later to find that the admin had reinstated all my posts to pad his numbers. Is there anything I can do about this? I really don't want my posts to still be out there supporting this particular forum if I can do anything about it. Thank you for any advice.
  • harmor
    • Aug 2003

You can only ask to have your posts removed and have your account deleted.

Comment

• Corgimom
      • Apr 2007

Well, that's no fun. Obviously, if he's taking the time to reinstate 1000+ posts (I wasn't the only member to leave in this manner), he certainly won't agree to delete them and our account for us. That sucks. Oh well.

Comment

• Cyber Smoke
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

Well, the best solution is to just stop posting or to ask the admin to prune all of the posts via AdminCP. Oh, and did you mean that it's been 1000 posts total, or that you've managed to manually delete 1000 posts? In the second case, you've probably set up a new manual post deletion world record
        Last edited by Cyber Smoke; Sun 15 Apr '07, 10:00am.
        The specifics of custom design

Comment

• harmor
          • Aug 2003

You could ask to have your username changed so the posts you've made won't be tracked back to you. You'll have to give search engines time to update their results though.

Comment

• Fusion
            • Aug 2001
            • 3.8.x

It can never be repeated too often... Once you post anything at a forum, you essentially forfeit ownership of the contents. It's as simple as that.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...