X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hawks4premiers
    • Apr 2007
    • 3.6.x

Just an idea

When will you guys release the older versions of vb for free? I know some of us don't have credit cards and whatever else we need.
    I reckon that you guys should consider it so that everyone can at least get hold of the older versions for free.
    You could still have the other option where we pay for it. But there should be a choice so we can have more people having vb forums. They are pretty cool but are way too expensive.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Want free or great support...

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

We have no plans to ever release a free or stripped-down, low-cost version since that would just take resources away from our paying customers.

Besides there are plenty of free ones out there already.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hawks4premiers
        • Apr 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        We have no plans to ever release a free or stripped-down, low-cost version since that would just take resources away from our paying customers.

Besides there are plenty of free ones out there already.
        I know of a lot of people who would go with vbulletin if you had some free forums available. I would be one of them.
        They are just too expensive to pay for.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Honestly it would never increase sales and it will only take resources away from our paying customers. Sorry but it's just not going to happen.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...