• Show
Clear All
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin announcements, they're so 1980

Hi there!

I just read you latest announcement.

The content is pretty exciting but the announcement's look isn't very attractive.

vBulletin has that great feature to display attachments inline, why not just make use of it to present us some nice graphics or screenshots and to spice the important news up a bit?

Honestly, pure text is very boring and the way it looks now doesn't make it something special, it looks more like a hasty note.

I know that the content is the important thing but I would love to see that important content presented in a worthy manner.
    That's the end of that!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It was stated that pictures and such will be forthcoming. It will be added to. This was just a quick announcement.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by MrNase
      vBulletin has that great feature to display attachments inline, why not just make use of it to present us some nice graphics or screenshots and to spice the important news up a bit?

Honestly, pure text is very boring and the way it looks now doesn't make it something special, it looks more like a hasty note.
      OMG there's always SOMETHING people need to complain about!!!

It's a frickin' announcement, not a web page. Plus, regarding the announcement you're talking about, I gather they don't have any screenshots to show us this time, so that makes a difference as well. I have seen other announcements with screenshots, it all depends on what's needed at the time.

I think they do well, formatting headings and everything as it is. I doubt the staff has a bunch of time to waste messing around with graphics and other formatting just to make it "2007" instead of "1980".

We just got officially told that the long-awaited new products are COMING SOON. Why make a stink about the formatting of a forum post. And by the way, why don't YOUR posts look so hot? hmmmm?

/rant
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• MrNase
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.8.x

cbiweb: Wow, how long did it take you to write that post? Even if it was only a minute, it's wasted time because I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Wayne Luke: Thanks.
        That's the end of that!

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

If you guys are going to personally attack eachother I will put each of you in a corner, and no desert before going to bed!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...