Can the non-licensed helped the rest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the non-licensed helped the rest?

I was browsing the vBulletin 3.6 support forum, and I noticed that there were several issues with which I could help the OP. Now, I am not a licensee of the software but I have used it before on different forums.

Is there any way you guys could open a forum where the non-licensed folk could post and make new threads? Sort of like an unofficial support forum for vBulletin enthusiasts... mods or admins at sites, but people who don't own a license themselves.

Thanks guys, let me know what you think.

I just realized I made a typo in the thread title My apologies.

Comment

I PERSONALLY don't see why not as it is the spirit of this forum to help one another, however I think you might find it a bit difficult to help people if you weren't licensed.

But wait for an official response from a Jelsoft staff member
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Hmmm... isn't pre-sales forum open for anyone to post? And, what's wrong with posting in the Support forum, is it available only to licensed customers?
        The specifics of custom design

Comment

The Support Forums are only open for posting to licensed members. I do not see us changing this in the near future.
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

the purchase/lease of a license gives you a wide range of services and privileges, and being part of this community is one of these privileges...

if you are not licensed, you will simply look like interfering in the structure because you did not gain the same privileges the others have...

btw, you can always go to a lot of other forums where the goal is to help forum owners... they don't require you to be licensed to participate...
            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

I'm afraid this would also open up these forums to all sorts of support for vB pirates. This is not a feasible idea. Sorry.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I understand this Steve, but let me say that was not my intention in the least. I completely support the purchasing and legal use of software. I guess I'll look elsewhere to help people, thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                I'm afraid this would also open up these forums to all sorts of support for vB pirates. This is not a feasible idea. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Armstrong View Post
                  I was browsing the vBulletin 3.6 support forum, and I noticed that there were several issues with which I could help the OP. Now, I am not a licensee of the software but I have used it before on different forums.

Is there any way you guys could open a forum where the non-licensed folk could post and make new threads? Sort of like an unofficial support forum for vBulletin enthusiasts... mods or admins at sites, but people who don't own a license themselves.

Thanks guys, let me know what you think.
                  Not such a good idea, otherwise its all the more reason people will think "just go here instead of buying a licence to get help" which could slowly drive sales away from jelly (Jelsoft)

Comment

Working...
                  X