Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SloppyGoat
    • Feb 2002

Why can't I post anymore?

What's going on here? I can't even reply to my own thread in the PHP forum.

SloppyGoat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Ask a Jelsoft employee if you are appearing as unlicensed.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• SloppyGoat
      • Feb 2002

Why would I become unlicensed? I have a lifetime license. It appears that, if you change the email address for the forum, you have to also list it in your member/license emails? I added the new email address to that, and now I can post again. That should probably be made more clear. I had no idea the subscription email and the license member email had to be the same, or even had to be listed there. Oh well, all's well again.
      Last edited by SloppyGoat; Fri 2 Mar '07, 3:49pm.

Comment

• bmc
        • Apr 2005

Glad to hear it's working for you now, SloppyGoat. However, to be fair, they do mention it here as a sticky.
        The Relationship Forum
        The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• SloppyGoat
          • Feb 2002

Yeah, but they don't mention anything about what happens if you change your address. They should have a small paragraph about that too. Like:

"If you change your email address, you also must go to the members area and add that address there too."

It might save a bit of confusion.

Comment

• bmc
            • Apr 2005

Good suggestion

Originally posted by SloppyGoat
            Yeah, but they don't mention anything about what happens if you change your address. They should have a small paragraph about that too. Like:

"If you change your email address, you also must go to the members area and add that address there too."

It might save a bit of confusion.
            True, they could add that in to save confusion for customers who experience this in the future.
            The Relationship Forum
            The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• Liam--
              • Mar 2007

It's really pointless in my opinion. I manage a Forum(I don't own it) and I can't create a Thread as I don't own it.. :s

Comment

• bmc
                • Apr 2005

Have the owner of the vBulletin Forum add you through the Members' area for Priority Forum Support (so you can post support topics, etc.), following these guidelines: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79557
                The Relationship Forum

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Liam--
                  It's really pointless in my opinion. I manage a Forum(I don't own it) and I can't create a Thread as I don't own it.. :s
                  That's a totally different situation.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
                    That's a totally different situation.
                    Exactly, lol.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...