X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjames
    • Nov 2000
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin in Mozilla

Does anyone here use Mozilla? I tried it out today and noticed it has some problems in rendering pages consistently in multiple vB's I visited with it. Most noticeably, the left column on threads that contains each user's name, posts, avatar, etc. is abnormally narrow. I can supply a screen shot, if needed.

Basically, I'm wondering if vB could be more compatable with other browsers like Mozilla in v2.1 now that Netscape is leaving the browser business. Thanks.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Part of the problem is that Mozilla (and Netscape before it) has problems working with relative table widths (i.e. Percentages) when there is CSS, Javascript and Tables on the same page. Especially if there is CSS applied to the tab. Whether it is a bug or their interpretation of the standard, I am not sure but I suspect it is the later.

I have noticed some weird effects with this as well using vBulletin. I would guess that the solution is to give the table cells hard coded widths if you need to maintain the exact width such as in the showthread display.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

Re: vBulletin in Mozilla

Originally posted by mjames
      ...now that Netscape is leaving the browser business. Thanks.
      According to something I read at wirednews not too long ago they aren't actually leaving it. So who knows.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...