Someone tried to log in my account!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxy
    replied
    They probably entered random strings for the password, thus locking the account.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Without inputting a password?

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    You don't need to do anything, its just a notice to let you know that someone tried to login as you.

The bot was just trying single word usernames most likely from a dictionary.

Leave a comment:

• Carmen
    replied
    This is also happening to me. I just got an email this morning and the IP Address is from Amersterdam. I sure as heck don't live there. Am I suppose to do anything? I"m going to change my password again.
    Thanks
    Carmen

Leave a comment:

• Branden
    replied
    Thanks! It scrared me because I have some many different log ons.

Leave a comment:

• Boxy
    replied
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is being investigated.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    We've banned the person who attempted this, it looks like a bot just randomly trying usernames.

Leave a comment:

• Branden
    started a topic Someone tried to log in my account!

Someone tried to log in my account!

Anyone have an idea why this happened? I have gotten no emails from any other forums I am a member on (so I specifically am not being targeted), and I haven't been active here since August, 2006.

Is this something common here?

Thanks!

Dear Branden,

Your account on vBulletin Community Forum has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 83.99.185.175

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw
    Last edited by Branden; Tue 13 Feb '07, 5:35am.