Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zanthia
    • Feb 2007

Help?

Now, I'm pretty certain this is in the wrong forum, but I don't know where else to ask this due to my hands being a little tied down at the moment, so to speak.

Now, my problem is this: the email account I used for ordering vBulleting got hacked last night. Unfortunately for me, I had a copy of the email I got from vBulletin with my customer information inside... So the hackers now have access to that and I fear they'll abuse the information I bought for myself. I do have the same information stored on my own PC though, but it still doesn't help the fact they now have it too.

I would contact by using the Contact Support form, but because it says "Please be aware that all responses to your ticket will be emailed to the contact address on your license. We cannot CC or redirect these responses to other addresses", I'm kind of lost here. My password has been changed for my original account so I wouldn't be able to access it and read the response. PMing people doesn't seem to be an option either.

So, my question is... Is there any way to have my default email address for vBulletin changed even though I don't currently have access to the account I first used when I bought vBulletin? Also, can my customer number and password be changed to prevent the hackers from using the information I bought? Is there in fact anything I can do but buy new rights?
  • Boxy
    • Oct 2002

You can email support from an alternative email address, but we will need to verify you as the proper licensed owner. Once we have established that we can update the email address for you and change the username and password.

Send your request to [email protected]

Comment

• Zanthia
      • Feb 2007

Thank you for helping me out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...