X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timrings3
    • Jan 2007

help me on a vbulletin forum

im getting ims from a guy whos sayin hes gonna hack and is creatingg alts the admin is bairly ever on im a mod so cant do much can an owner or anyone help me?
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

The guy who claims he's a "hacker" wouldn't go to all the trouble of creating accounts. If he truly knew how to hack, he would also most likely directly access the MySQL database, and not go through the board.

Needless, if you are unsure, just ban all the new accounts and the IPs associated with them.
    Forums

Comment

• Adrienne
      • Dec 2006

If you can't keep up with the new accounts, (this has happened to us, alot) then maybe you could suggest to your admin that newly registered users have to be approved before they can post. That was the only way we could stop the spammers. They can make all the new accounts they want, but not use them. I'm also a mod, I know what this is like!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Wrong forum. To get support have the license owner add your email address here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...