Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

Multi domain issue

Hello,, I didn't know where to post this..

on one of the sites running vBulletin, I have more than 1 domain (parked domains) and the site can be accessed from either of these few domains but, its the same contents .. Am I ok with the License issues here?

thanks
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

• harmor
    • Aug 2003

As long as you have one instance of vbulletin installed for each license you own then you're good.

Comment

• Merjawy
      • Sep 2002

Thanks harmor,

yep one instance of vbulletin is installed
      To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
      My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
      CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
      Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• FreshFroot_
        • Jul 2005
        • 3.8.x

I was wondering the same thing, because how would vB be able to tell? The url in the members area could be of only ONE of the domains.., the parked one wouldn't show up in their database.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

We will tell because if we have doubts we will go to the urls and check them manually. If they all end up on the same domain, with the same header, logo, navbar, and footer and content .. we consider it one instance, one license.

this is therefor ok.

If you go to domain1.com and it shows logo1
          And then domain2.com with logo2

We will probably ask you to buy another license because you're presenting the boards as if they were two different ones.

If you have an installed vb, on a main domain, and the rest of the domains are just forwards/aliasses, that's fine.

I have the same for vbulletin.nl and vbulletin-fans.com and vbfans.com - they all end up on www.vbulletin-fans.com and require 1 license.
          But when you go to the other ones.. vbulletin-chat.com you get almost the same forum, but with different logo and content. And I use a second license for that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...