X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simetrical
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.8.x

Allow more than three Priority Support e-mail addresses per customer

I administer a vB forum with over 1.2 million posts (my profile there), and the owner has given me access to his vBulletin account, as well as root server access. He owns seven boards, but only gets three e-mail addresses for priority support. Those three are used up by him and two of his employees. This means that if I want to get support here or hacks from vBulletin.org, I have to temporarily remove one of them in favor of myself, wait for the system to recognize me, do what I need to do, and then restore the person I removed. This is very inconvenient. Surely the number of e-mail addresses should scale with the number of licenses rented/owned?
    System Administrator, Total War Center

Developer, MediaWiki
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I don't think we have any current plans to extend the size of the license priority email slots.

But licenses do get 4 emails in all technicanility.

1 is the owners
    The other 3 are good for whatevers use.

Comment

• Simetrical
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      I don't think we have any current plans to extend the size of the license priority email slots.
      Why not? Surely it makes sense that someone who owns seven or a dozen or two dozen licenses might need more than three or four priority support addresses?

Developer, MediaWiki

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

One of the arguments for allowing just a handful of additional addresses is to help us prevent people from adding users who run multiple copies of one license. Or to prevent people from using the account as a reseller account and buy bulk and include support by simply adding the addresses.

In situations where it is clear a company requires multiple staff to get support because of different departments, etc and they own more then a few copies and have more then a few staff the license holder can request to split off a few licenses into a second customer account.

Comment

• ---MAD---
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
          One of the arguments for allowing just a handful of additional addresses is to help us prevent people from adding users who run multiple copies of one license. Or to prevent people from using the account as a reseller account and buy bulk and include support by simply adding the addresses.
          I never thought of that, good point.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Floris

In situations where it is clear a company requires multiple staff to get support because of different departments, etc and they own more then a few copies and have more then a few staff the license holder can request to split off a few licenses into a second customer account.
            Since this has been a widely requested item, would it be possible to allow more than 4 email addresses, but the first four are editable directly through the members area and any additional ones needed are subjected to Jelsoft's discression on whether that license holder needs it? Simply put it, a case by case evaluation.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Colin F
              • May 2004

I'll bring this up at our next meeting, though I'm not sure if it's worth the change for the few requests we receive...
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Simetrical
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.8.x

I'm glad you're willing to consider it.

Developer, MediaWiki

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...