Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nogerorob
    • Jun 2004

More Links to Release Notes / Release Notes Library

I subscribe to the Vbulletin announcements forum, and try to stay on top of what I'm missing out on when I upgrade--and what I'm getting once I do.

However, I notice that it is sometimes hard to find the release notes for each version when I'm moving around in these forums. Is there a library of release notes for each version of vBulletin? If there is, I would appreciate it if a link to the relevant version is included in posts like this and also the first thread of the associated discussion thread.

Finally, it would be cool if the release notes for each version came as an ascii text file in the top level of the compressed distro I get when I download vBulletin from the members area.

Part of the problem is that I know where a release notes thread is when the new version comes out--but I don't get around to upgrading until sometimes months later. At which point I head directly to the announcement and discussion threads.

regards,

rob
  • Mazinger
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

If you wanna subscripe to the eBulletin newsletters, visit the homepage, and scroll down to its end. you'll find a Mailing List menu to the left.
    Last edited by Mazinger; Mon 20 Nov '06, 10:41am.
    $post[signature]

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Our release notes are the release announcements. They include everything including modified templates and a list of modified files.

If you want to see specifics for each bug fixed in a release, they are listed in the bug tracker for the previous version.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nogerorob
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        http://members.vbulletin.com/changelog.php

Our release notes are the release announcements. They include everything including modified templates and a list of modified files.

If you want to see specifics for each bug fixed in a release, they are listed in the bug tracker for the previous version.
        Thanks for the link. I noticed that this one is behind a members only area--which is probably good to make sure docs are getting out only to paying customers.

However, I don't really mess with templates very much--only a little. What would be much more helpful for me would be a document that spells out the new functionality and how to get to it (GUI).

For example, I read that you could now enable a captcha on the Contact Us form in 3.6. So I did my normal checking around and searching then finally posted a request for how to turn it on.

If with each release the info is already going into an updated product manual, this would probably look like a summary of the new information that is added. Something like:

New in 3.6:
        • You can now enable captcha human-verification on the Contact Us page.

Turn this option on by clicking: AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details and selecting the "Yes, with captcha" radio button.

rob

Comment